max grip

Started by alfa duk, July 28, 2009, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa duk

Hi to all, Hoping that you guys can save me a bit of time and confusion. What is the maximum wheel size you can fit on an alfetta coupe without flaring?
I am thinking of 15 or 16 x 8 possibly 9 on the rear using performance superlite wheels with 40 to 50 series tyres x 225 ?
The car is track only with camber and toe front and rear. I am not set on this combo and are open to suggestion. regards
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

MD

Depending on offset, I think you could go 16x8 front and 16x9 rear with the aspect ratios you mentioned. The front may require a bit of massaging around the spoiler/guard area. Also a chance you may need to limit the turning circle to prevent fouling.

I have seen 17's on this car but to me it's completely out of context with the period it was made and despite an anticipated good look, it is actually more like od. Only my opinion of course.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Victor Lee

A few of us in Victoria a few years ago did a group deal and had several sets of Simmons F90 16x8 (5 stud) made up.  They fit very nicely with no mods to bodywaork required.

We currently run 225x45x16 Dunlops DZ-03 on the Simmons with no problems.

We used to run on 15x8 fronts and 15x9 rear ...but the 16x8 is better all round.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

alfa duk

Thanks mark and vic for your response, the simmons you ordered were with what offset and did you run spacers? If im   right, scotts orange nosed white gtv6 was that order ?  I dont remember the wheels being right out close to the guards.
Did you know simmons has ceased trading with designs on sold to others. I would presume retro wheels has them as he has the old designs but doubt he could keep up demand as he is a one man operation.
Hope the panel repairs were an easy fix mark. Wilson is still boging up   regards Doug
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

MD

Doug,
The Brick is all repaired except for the custom decals and ready to rock for our next event at Morgan Park, Warwick. Lucky we had two spare doors on hand and the rest of the damage was just superficial.

With respect to the wheels, I cannot say that I am in favour of altering the factory front-to-rear track relationship and therefor suggest having the same sized rims and tyres front and rear -whatever you decide on.It will also help with tyre rotation..your call.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Darryl

FWIW I have 16 x 8 DTMs on a sedan, that were previously on a GT - they fit - just, and I gather the same was the case on the PO's GT. Running 225 / 50 rubber.

Victor Lee

Doug,
Yes, Scott's white GTV6 wheels were in that same order.  I need to check the offset ... will get back to you on that later.  We don't need to run spacers.
Cheers
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb