hard to tune

Started by lowkm33, March 21, 2009, 01:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowkm33

i have recentley been given an 85 33 ti which has only done 89000 but is not running to well are these cars hard to tune as i have been a 5litre boy up till now

lowkm33

anytips on how to go about getting these cars to run awsome also what plugs should i run

Thmpar

I would gather its a carbi motor,mine is bad for blocking the idle circuit in the carbi's pull the idle screw out and blow air through it,replace screw and tune idle untill it runs nice.
And despite the lashing i will get spark plugs are spark plugs just stay away from the lodger's and all platinum plugs they are too expensive and nothing but problems.

33boxer

hey all,  i have a 1991 33  16v  fuel injection,  was just wondering if anyone knew a good mechanic in SA that knows the alfa boxer engine well, so i can take it 2 get a tune up, as i dont know how to DIY tune
thx :)

Brooke

Quote from: 33boxer on January 15, 2010, 12:20:24 PM
hey all,  i have a 1991 33  16v  fuel injection,  was just wondering if anyone knew a good mechanic in SA that knows the alfa boxer engine well, so i can take it 2 get a tune up, as i dont know how to DIY tune
thx :)

Lloyd Clonan, alfa mechanic down in Sailsbury knows everything there is to know about Alfa's, absolute genius, I would trust him for anything with my car, great guy

8283 1970