1967 105 parts?

Started by 67gtv, March 12, 2009, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67gtv

Hi Folks

I'm starting a long and expensive rebuild and was wondering if you can offer some advice on where to source some of the following parts/services? i'm based in Adelaide but by all means will consider interstate overseas suppliers/repairers. These cosmetic parts will bring the car pretty much to original spec. I will then attend to the mechanicals and finally revisit the body and trim last.

thanks in advance for you help!

All with reference to a '67 giulia sprint gt veloce
1. original rear bumper - currently mine is chromed and dented - i believe it should be a 3 piece stainless item?
2. reproduction or restored gear knob, steering wheel and steering column cowell
3. a 'veloce' script badge for the rear end
4. rear tail light lenses and reflectors

I am aware of Alfaholics and EB Spares but was wondering if there are alternatives given the current exchange rates.

Cheers

alfagtv58

Try these guys, they are in Adelaide and supporters of the club

The Spare Place
08 8212 3505 South Australia
A direct importer of Alfa Romeo spare parts.
Discounts for club members.
www.thespareplace.com.au

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

cjheath

I have a good rear bumper I don't need from my 1969 1750, which I think is the same... it's series 1 anyhow. One of the little stainless caps that cover the rivets is missing, but otherwise it's complete and straight, and you might have a good cap (I'll have to check which side is missing though I think the cap is symmetrical). Find my profile and email my personal email address and I'll send photos. I'm in Melbourne.

Gary Pearce

I will have the correct rear bumper, steering wheel and columb cowl and posibly Veloce badge. I have plenty of second rate tail lights too.
Knobs are a bit hard to find and I think you should go for new tail lights as they will finish your car off nicely. Ian at Turin Imports in Adelaide will be of help here. 1800 888225
Failing that my best overseas scource is www.automobilia.nl in Holland
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

67gtv

thanks all for the info, i will let you know how i go.

cjheath and Gary Pearce i will email you shortly. 

67gtv

cjheath, the bumper is assembled and bolted on, cheers.

further to the above list, i am also looking for some trumpets/ram pipes/velocity stacks to suit dellorto DHLA 40's - 2nd hand is fine. anyone?

thanks

Gary Pearce

Lindsay Mc Kenzie in Adelaide is your man for trumpets. Ring Ian at Turin for his number.
Can I have your old steel bumper bar?
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

67gtv

cheers Gary. will give him a call.

the bumper has a large dent, see image:

but its yours if you want it, we can work out the details and maybe trade some parts? got a veloce badge?

best to contact me at tom@ogcs.com.au

67gtv

had a cleanout today and have a 1750/2000 bonnet for sale in good condition, for those interested i will place more info in the for sale section

Davidm1600

While on the hunting for parts for 105 Alfa GTVs, does anyone know of or have a spare bootlid, (would prefer a 1750 lid given that is what my car is but would be interested in anything suitable).  Mine is rusty on the outer edge.  I have tried Milano but no luck, similarly am waiting to hear back from Robert Manning in Sydney but thought I should try here as well.  I will post a listing on the for sale/wanted thread as well. Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina