'83 Giulietta Odometer

Started by pafiat, April 18, 2023, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pafiat

Hi, my odometer does not work. Speedo, Tacho and all other guages are fine. How is the mileometer driven? Is it possible to get in there and have a look and repair? Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Storm_X

Quote from: pafiat on April 18, 2023, 09:47:58 PMHi, my odometer does not work. Speedo, Tacho and all other guages are fine. How is the mileometer driven? Is it possible to get in there and have a look and repair? Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Did you have any luck finding out the issue ¿
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Craig_m67

Yes it's possible to get in there.

The following thread from AlfaBB from post #8 might help.  They describe a Speedo that works, but the odometer does not. Turns out the worm gear that spins the counter (odometer) was worn/broken.

I suspect this would be fairly obvious if you opened it up and had a look, upside is your Speedo works.. they fail (electronics) too apparently 👍

https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/alfetta-gtv6-electronic-speedo.196535/
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

pafiat

thanks for the link. I did have a quick look and the mechanism is a whole bunch of nylon gears that look scary to work on and I didn't go further. No odometer is not the end of the world. Speedo works in the usual Alfa way which is all that matters