Alfa Romeo future model releases for 2022.

Started by bonno, February 02, 2021, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonno

Find the latest video on expected model releases from Alfa Romeo.  Sorry but unfortunately no sub titles with this video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkObCyn-R8

GTV-074

Mmmm.... some nice juicy looking cars in there.

As always with Alfa, we need to wait and see actually materializes in the showroom.

One thing is for sure, we need a GTV / Coupe in the line up, ie. a Giulia coupe. Need it to compete in that segment and to be the 'halo' car in the range.
Different to the 4C in that it needs to be more accessible to the market, plenty of upgrades and for the folks to option up, customise etc.

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Ascari32

Echoes of all that has been said, many times before!

Alfa need to become exclusive - in a way similar to Ferrari. With prices as they are now, it is still not enough to drag customers away from main stream manufacturers. And their performance is not what it should be.

The 8C and 4C could just as soon be made by Alfa's one time Racing Arm - Autodelta, so untypical are they of their mainstream cars. So too the 2.9 Ferrari powered Giulia.

Beyond these models, they face stiff competition. They need to break free from traditional thinking which keeps Alfa Shackled to the likes of Fiat, Chrysler and the Frogs. Otherwise, they will continue to play "Second Fiddle".

Ascari32

Quote from: GTV-074 on February 02, 2021, 09:06:26 AM
Mmmm.... some nice juicy looking cars in there.

As always with Alfa, we need to wait and see actually materializes in the showroom.

One thing is for sure, we need a GTV / Coupe in the line up, ie. a Giulia coupe. Need it to compete in that segment and to be the 'halo' car in the range.
Different to the 4C in that it needs to be more accessible to the market, plenty of upgrades and for the folks to option up, customise etc.

Cheers.

I would like to see another GTV in the mode of the Bertie or Alfetta GTV 6. I don't want one stuck on the floor pan of a Fiat Tip-off, as is my 916, 3.0 litre.

Its saving graces are its glorious engine and beautiful shape. But Alfa engines are dead now and future Alfa's will have generic drive trains. Unless they get a "Divorce Absolute".

bonno

I think this Youtube video from Rons Rides, sums up the situation with new model releases  from Alfa Romeo, even though it is 18 months old. The engines supplied by Maserati which is to utilize hybrid technology is to power both the GTV and Tonale.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8No8UQD-Pc

Ascari32

Hope springs eternal. There has to be some light at the end of the tunnel - but the tunnel has been so long, for ever so long.