Newbie to alfa 159

Started by OzzyAlfa159ti, October 25, 2020, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi all

Another question

Jacking the car,  in the manual it says if you have side skirts to remove a piece of plastic to slide the jack in

Can not see where it is

OzzyAlfa159ti

Also does the 2009 ti come out with puddle lights under the door? Car is not here at the moment so can't check

OzzyAlfa159ti

I guess I have asked too many questions.

Colin Edwards

I had a 159Ti 3.2 Q4 for a number of years.  Never used the jack in the boot - cant even remember what it looked like!   However I do seem to recall removable plugs in the side skirts.
My 159 did feature puddle lights at the base of the door.
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi Colin
Thank you for your help

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi

I'm missing some tools from the spare wheel tool storage.

Would anyone know or have the screw down bolt in the center and the screw driver?

Also there is a empty slot that I have no idea what goes there it kind of looks like for a spare wheel nut?

I tried uploading pics but won't allow

OzzyAlfa159ti

Here you go the the ones circled in red

Pieces I would like to get
Screw driver
Screw down bolt to fasten down

Piece I don't know is the one that might be for a wheel nut?

Kind regards Maria

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi all
Would anyone know what this is circled in red

Regards
Maria

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
Also could someone with a TI sedan please take a picture of their spare wheel compartment.

I have a 19 inch spare with only the foam tool holder .
I noticed on some web pics that there is also an outlet foam attachment. Is mine missing because of the 19 inch spare wheel?

Regards Maria

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
The 1 circled in red

Maltalfisti

Funny story: that looks like my foot!  ;) ;D

Yes, that's my spare from a 159 Ti. I have that foam thing (same as what you see pictured, but with all the bits included) - it sits on top of the spare wheel in my 159 Ti. I have 19" wheels too, and so is the spare wheel.

One of those missing things you circled is a pointy screwdriver type thing. Not sure yet what it's used for, however.

My inside wheel arches also have that carpety feel. As others have said, it helps with road noise. 8) Now I have mud-flaps all around, so they stay much cleaner. Highly recommend keeping an eye out (at least for the front).

Puddle lights were stock standard on pretty much any 159, I believe.

If you're missing puddle lights, let me know. I have a spare set and can post them to you.

I also am a relatively new owner of a 159 Ti 2.2 JTS just like yours. How are you finding it? I'm finding that the driver's seat is a really nice place to be, and look forward to my regular 75km+ commutes to and from work!
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

kaleuclint

Quote from: Maltalfisti on December 12, 2020, 10:38:11 PM
I have 19" wheels too, and so is the spare wheel.
You're saying you have a Ti 19" alloy as the spare?
2011 159ti 1750TBi

specimenX

The part labelled  "1"  attaches to the underside body of the car, 4 in total. These are your lifting points for the factory scissor jack. Most aftermarket scissor jacks should also fit.