2009 Malalla Six Hour

Started by Victor Lee, December 05, 2008, 03:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

Hi All,

Come to the event where it all began using Sprint-level licences!  The Malalla Six Hour!

The organisers, MSCA (SA), have asked for our opinion on a preferred date:

17th May:   2 weeks prior to AROCA Vic's Sandown
  5th July:   Same weekend as AROCA Vic's Phillip Island.

I am seeking opinions from any members who are seriously thinking of going over next year, to please reply on this thread with their views.

Cheers

Victor

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Brett

May l think, longer days, better weather.
Kev.

Jekyll and Hyde

Unlikely to enter myself, but I would suggest the May date would be better, as it might attract a few Victorians who'd rather run Phillip Island if they have to choose....

Ray Pignataro

Im thinking that in may the weather may be a little better or at least less chance of rain.

branko.gt

greengtv8

I'll go with May as well...And last i heard Jeff wasn't sure if he putting a team in next year...so if he dosn't and if a team is going that would like a green Gtv8 in there team, let me know...otherwise i'll hit up the S.A alfa club.
     Recommend this event to any newbee's too!! Great Weekend away
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

John Toomath

I could be interested in the May event if I can find a way of not driving there and back in the racecar. That would be the endurance challenge !  Since it is a  mid-life crisis birthday day for me, that could be a good way to spend it.
2001 GTV 3.0 24V V6 (daily smile generator)
1987 75 2.5 V6 (trackday smile generator)

jimnielsen

I'm interested - but only if it does not clash with an Alfa Club sprint.

jim ~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Gary Pearce

Yes Victor,I have the virus.
I would certainly be interested in Malalla Six Hour. I would prefer the date that does not clash with our Phillip Island event so I could do that one too.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Neil Choi

Hey there all

Please put a Vic team in and do the run, then hit the SA club for a team to come over for ours. 

Neil

Victor Lee

Happy New Year to all!

Sunday May 17th has been confirmed as the date for 2009 Mallala Six Hour.

I will post Entry Forms when available.

Be advised:  MSCA SA are now running Dorians for their timing and they are NOT available for hire at the circuit.  You can BUY them from MSCA SA, but not hire them.  So please organise your own Dorians or else it might be a wasted trip, and your teammates will not be happy with you ;)

Please reply on this thread (if you haven't already done so) if you are interested in going.

For information: There is a very stong likelihood that Club member Kevin Nesci will be using one of his prime movers to tow a 6 car transporter to Mallala.  However, this transporter may only be able to fit 5 racecars as access to the bottom front spot maybe too hard for our racecars.  Also, Kevin will only use the transporter if most car spots are filled.  He will also advise later cost per spot.   Please let me know if you are interested in this offer.

For those whose cars are on the transporter, the plan will be to fly to Adelaide on Friday arvo and share the cost of a People Mover.

Cheers for now

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Ray Pignataro

Victor If it was a six car transporter and there were five race cars I could supply the people mover

david sammartino

i would be interested in running the event and also transporting my gtv there too on a transporter.

Victor Lee

Hi Ray,

Don't forget if there were only 5 cars on the transporter, most likely the bottom front spot will be vacant due to low race cars - and that they would not be able to get to that spot without loosing an exhaust or spoiler.  (Kevin will be checking this out more closely).

If this was the situation, and whilst your offer of people mover is greatly appreciated, I don't think Kevin will be too impressed with having to unload two racecars to get the people mover off the transporter (in the motel carpark), then someone going to the airport to pick us all up?   ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Gary Pearce

Hi team.
I am a starter, but will be towing my race car myself to Adelaide. Cheers.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe