Upgrading the Stereo

Started by riyd67, August 19, 2020, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riyd67

Hi all

New to this forum and new to being an Alfa owner.  I have just bought a 2006 Alfa Romeo 159 JTS and I'm loving it.  Just because of what I've been used to in a car, I am looking to replace the standard stereo in the car with something more tech that has more functionality and more importantly GPS.  I'm not into buying extra gadgets that you have to stick on your dash, cigarette lighter etc.

Does anyone know a reputable store that sells units that can be installed into my car.  I have seen a few online with Alfa specific (??) units but I'm wanting someone to install as well.  I've found a couple of units that match the interior but always cautious buying something online and it meeting its description.  I'm in Enfield SA.

Roger

Malcolm

Hi Roger, are you a member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club SA, if not email membership@alfaclubsa.org.au for some info. My 2009 GT V6 came with an Alpine system including a reversing camera using all Bose speakers. Believe the unit might still be available or similar at Tonkins, Mile End. Cheers Malcolm.
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
membership@alfaclubsa.org.au
04309 14 309
1st Car, Morris 8/40 Bakers Van.
2004 Alfa 147Ti 5spd manual(Sold).
1976 Alfetta 2L GT race car (Sold)
Current
2009 Alfa GT 3.2 Litre 6spd manual.
2005 Alfa GT 2 Litre Selespeed to Super Sprint

bonno

Hi Roger
Find attached facebook link to a company in SA that is able to supply and install head units. You just need to confirm whether they have a unit available that includes GPS and reverse camera and what is the cost to supply and fit to your model car. Additionally I have included a link for a suitable unit available on e bay.
https://www.facebook.com/saautoinstalls/
Suitable unit available on ebay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Android-10-0-Alfa-Romeo-Spider-Brera-159-Sportwagon-Car-Stereo-WiFi-3-UI-DAB-GPS/124208167395?hash=item1ceb6239e3:g:IpsAAOSwj3Ne1MZT