Fitting a 75 Twin Spark to a 105

Started by Dan H, October 27, 2008, 11:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan H

Hi there

Does anyone know of a good reference or know of a tips/tricks/how-to post on fitting a 75 Twin Spark engine into a 105? 

thanks
Dan

Robert. Dale

Hi Dan,

There are two 105's fitted with Twin Spark Motors that I know about in Victoria you should contact Stuart Thompson or Damian Crea they should be able to give you a few tips on the installation.
Current Alfa
2014 Giulietta Progression TCT

Past Alfas
2013 Mito Progression TCT
1985 GTV 2.00L
2004 147 Selespeed
2000 156 Selespeed88
75TS(Road/Track)
84GTV6
81 GTV (Under 2Lt Sports Sedan Race Car) Should never have sold it
82 Alfetta 2.0 Sedan
83 GTV
74 Alfetta 1.8

Davidm1600

Hi Dan

You might also like to have a look at www.alfaholics.com.  Max Banks and his father (Richard) in the UK have built up quite a number of twin spark 105 stepnose GTA replicas.  I think, given the level of parts etc they sell for 105s and especially for racing purposes, they are probably some of the best placed experts to provide advice on this setup.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

pep105

Hi Dan,

You can also talk to Vin Sharp from Pace, I had this discussion with him just last week, he is a wealth of information and very polite. Our discussion centered around running twin 45mm webers and using a modified single 8 plug distributer from a twin spark nissan pintara and ditching the inlet cam phasing, but really depends on the application. Others have run it just as it came out of the 75 with injection, two dizzys VVT etc with good results. Go on the Alfa bb and use the search function plenty of examples there.

As mentioned by Dave, Alfaholics have done a heap of them and their website has lots of info.
Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

njh1964

Hi Dan,

I'm currently in the middle of a Twin-Spark-into-a-105-transplant.... a 1969 GT 1300 Junior step-front to be extact. You might like to check out this thread http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-conversions/43765-twin-spark-swap-owners-satisfaction-survey.html on the Alfabb site. You have to scroll through a lot of comments, but there are some real gems in there.

Cheers,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

John A Pucak

Hi Nick, you might try to get your 105 Twin spark ready for the next East Coast Challenge .Just reading the comments on the BB site has me intrigued as to how quick a 105 TS would be
Cheers
John

njh1964

Hi John,

My main objective is to put together a reasonably reliable daily driver. The rationale being that an injected Twin Spark, running on ULP, should be reliable but should also provide a sufficient boost in power to be even more interesting on twisty bits of road, and on the occassional club day, etc. Does that fit with the East Coast Challenge?? Unfortunately, I don't know much about the event, but it sounds interesting.

In terms of aesthetics for my project car, I plan on paying homage to the GTA look and feel, but I won't be radically lightening panels or fitting a roll cage. Maybe some sports seats... I love the look of the classic GT 1300 buckets, but being a little over 6', they're not so comfortable, and I'm kind of attached to my kidneys where they are.

Regards,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Sheldon McIntosh

Someone in the Vic club is keen to sell his 105 fitted with a TS.  Looks to be an excellent and reliable road car, and he does a few track days in it also.

PM me if you want his details, don't bother if half the reason you're doing it is because the project will be lots of fun.   Good luck either way, it's a good idea I reckon.

Dan H

Thanks to everyone for their posts and emails

I'm starting to build up a list of what is required and will post details once I've got into the process a little bit more just as a reference for anyone else considering fitting a twin spark to their 105.  So far, no show stoppers!

Hope to see a couple of TS 105's at Spectaccolo.

Dan

aarc

does any one know some one who is selling a 105 with a twin spark injected motor  ready to go  thanks