SOS - Garage

Started by SeleMatt, November 24, 2018, 09:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeleMatt

I'm hoping somebody here may be able to help me...and a mobile mechanic's business balance sheet. ;)

I'm the proud owner of Brera Selespeed and last Thursday I bought a 2004 156 TI Selespeed in Broadbeach.  :D

Sadly, the age of the timing/balance shaft belts is unknown and so I HAVE to change them before I drive it back to Lismore, here in northern NSW. I'm sure we're all familiar with the wallet-haemorrhaging potential of the JTS 2.0 belts...

I'd very much like 'On The Spot Bazz' mobile service to do the work, however, I've no garage/shed/warehouse to have him do the job in as I obviously don't live on the GC. Unfortunately, the 3 people I know who live up there all live in apartment blocks with a single tiny carspace: hardly adequate for the task at hand.

Bazz is fully booked out next week, so it would be on a weekday following Sunday the 2nd December 2018.

Any offer or other advice regarding a venue for this rather critical job would be profoundly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

bazzbazz

And I am sure there would be some cold ale or a bottle of your favorite tipple offered as compensation for the hospitable use of said garage/work space.

Oh and Matt . . . . .get the bloody name right!  ::)

;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroƫnbender

Can't slice off the balance shaft belt and wing it with the existing principal belt?  I know of a handy bloke who's got some acreage (and shedding) near Reedy Creek - but he'd probably want to be involved, or paid, or both...  Maybe that can be your Plan C - could ask if you want?

SeleMatt

And yes indeed. The poison of your choice will be duly supplied. 🍻🍷

SeleMatt

Thanks for the Reedy Creek offer CB. I have a week to find somewhere (ideally a slab/garage) so we'll what happens...as you say...a plan C...

SeleMatt

So I finally made contact with someone at Tweed Heads who was willing to provide real estate to have this job done, although it won't be until one day next week. By the time I drive the car home, it will have been nearly 3 weeks from the time I bought it...😂...

bazzbazz

Just goes to show paying a good deed forward DOES work sometimes.  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

SeleMatt

...paying a good deed forward...and doggard determination...I'd all but given it up as futile....