Upcoming events in Victoria

Started by garwood1, October 03, 2008, 11:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garwood1

Hi Folks

I am planning an extended visit from the UK to stay with some friends in Somer Nov-Dec this year, and wondered if there were any Alfa-related events running during that period. I recall you folks had a Spettacolo in Melbourne a few years back, and I see one on your calendar for 23 Nov. Can someone point me to a link for that event ?  I think it would be interesting to see how the Australian club runs their events, and just have an Alfa based natter at some time with some other enthusiasts. 

Thanks in advance !

Chris  (aka Garwood1)
1977 Spider Veloce 2000

alfagtv58

G'Day Chris!

click here for a run down of the events around that time.

Hope to see you at one or more of them, you will certainly be here for the best time of year weather wise.

Phil.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

garwood1

Thanks Phil, appreciate it - I saw this calendar, but could not find any specifics about these events, especially the Spettacolo.  Anyone know where that is being held this year ?  We stayed in Mornington last go 'round, and I think the event was held just up the road, so to speak - Anyhow, look forward to getting over there - and good to know we will hit the weather, as it will be ROTTEN here at that point !!

alfagtv58

Spettacolo will be at Como Park again this year which is in South Yarra.  Which is about an hour from Mornington (if you are staying there again).  Make sure you go for a drive up to the Dandenongs also, a magnificent part of the world.

Google map here
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Gary Pearce

Chris, I will be taking two cars up to Spettacolo and I live close to the Highway near Mornington. You are welcome to travel with us in convoy if you wish.
97878420 Gary
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

garwood1

Gary, Phil - thanks for the replies, and the very generous offers. I am not sure how the schedule will shake out at this point, but I will certainly consider the offer - I hope it all pans out as I would like it to, and I get to spend a day amongst my favorite vehicles, in a new environment, amongst Alfisti such as yourselves.  Cheers !
Chris

Sorry for late reply, too much travelling of late.

1977 Spider 2000 Veloce