Alfetta GTV refurbished split dash replacement

Started by bonno, March 25, 2017, 10:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonno

Hi Kartone
Have located the 2 photos that contain both the fog light switch and rear heater demister switch and associated wiring. The installation of fog light/spot lights is an individual preference and I do not see any benefit for refitting on my car. The location of these spot/fog lights would be below the front bumper and attached to the bumper brackets.

bonno

Hi Kartone
I have attached 2 photos for comparison purposes of an Alfetta GTV fitted with spot lights and mine without. This should give you an appreciation of whether the cost and effort to install the lights is worth it, bearing in mind that if your dash does not have the provision for this additional switch may sway your decision.
bonno

kartone

In northern italy all cars are and were fitted with front & rear fog lights as the fog can get quite intense (in the old mercs you could not see the tri-star emblem on the bonnet while doing 110kmh); while in Italy I will try to source the original switch and original stainless steel lights.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

bonno

Fair enough.  I can only assume you have the provision (blanking plug) for the OEM switch on your dashboard, together with the associated wiring for connection. Whilst your at it,  make sure the wiring to the front bumper is there or this may be a costly exercise if your going to engage an Auto Electrician to fit and wire the fog lights.
Regards
bonno

bonno

Hi Alfisti
A power point presentation was developed for the removal and installation of split dash on Alfetta GTV. Due to the size of file, I have uploaded it onto One Drive so people can use it for future reference if undertaking this type of work.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnRDiWYks0mLaOnR6N-ibv53_sQ
Cheers
bonno

GeeTV

Buonissimo Bonno!  Love your work & really appreciate you sharing - Thanks!

bonno

Thanks GeeTV.
The old dash was picked by a chap restoring a steel bumper model GTV over the weekend and it was at his request that I upload it on the web.
Cheers
bonno

GTVeloce

All the split dash GTV's I've worked on have never had front spot or fog lights but the fog light switch has been hooked up to the rear fog light.

bonno

CTVeloce.
Yes correct, it is the tail lights that incorporate fog lights as part of the tail light assembly.
cheers
bonno