2017 AROCA Driver Safety and Circuit Training at Winton Feb 4

Started by Neil Choi, October 20, 2016, 09:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

In 2017, we will be scheduling a Driver Safety and Circuit Training day at Winton on Saturday February 4th.
The Programs:
Driver Safety, aimed at the junior or learner drivers who are driving for the first time, a bit inexperienced and wanting to learn and understand some of the safety aspects of your car under controlled and safe road conditions.  It will allow you to experience driving conditions which you will not experience under normal circumstances but otherwise in emergency situations when it might be too late.

Circuit Training, aimed at the new or inexperienced sprinters or enthusiastic drivers who want to learn driving on a circuit, smooth driving and cornering techniques.

Both programs will provide information in the form of lectures and discussions on various aspects of driving technique and car dynamics.
During the program, each driver will be provided with an instructor to assist your learning and experience.
Watch this space for upcoming information, supp regs and entry form.
Entry fee will be generously subsidised at a very reasonable rate.
Neil

dommorello

Neil any update? Keen to get more info

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Neil Choi

dommorello

Neil Choi

Supplementary Regulations and entry form attached.

Neil Choi

Just to reiterate:

Driver Safety is available for all, applicable to anyone, experienced or inexperienced.  It is for you to experience how to handle your car under abnormal and unexpected circumstances all within a safe and controlled surroundings (ie nothing to hit or can damage your car) such as under heavy, sudden or emergency braking, unexpected swerving, rough roads, wet roads, loss of traction, ABS coming on, without stability control, off camber surface etc etc.

Enter the event, it is a lot of fun and lots to learn and experience.

As the day goes

Yes I learnt a lot when it was held in 2015.  Thoroughly recommend it.  Thanks AROCA and Neil for putting it on.

Neil Choi

Entry is steadily flowing in.  It is always good to take in the event every couple years to sharpen your skills and remind yourself of the driving techniques needed. 
The event is highly subsidized, so take advantage of your membership.  If you do a commercial course, it is usually twice the amount.  Anyone can do it and should do it.  If you have teenage family members or learner drivers, then they should be participating in this event.  If you want to enjoy some safe and spirited driving, come participate in the Circuit  Training to learn how to drive skillfully on a circuit, corner, brake etc.  It is balls of fun and again, the event is hugely subsidized.

As the day goes

I booked into the Zagame visit on the same day, before I knew about this.    :(     Unfortunately, I am really intrigued with visiting the old Age site and see what they have done,

Just wondering do they have to be members?  A work place buddy has a daughter who drives a 147.  I was wondering if I should flick her the details.

Neil Choi

Colin Edwards

The section of the track we'll be using is ideal for training.  Driving at your own pace with a minimum of cars on the circuit makes for a very safe and easily controlled days event.  Perfect for practicing threshold braking and heel / toe downshifts.  A great opportunity to develop a skill that looks after the gearbox!   We are very fortunate to have such a great circuit to ourselves for the day.
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Just another plug for the Circuit Training and Driver Safety events we are running.
Certainly if you have teenage kids in your family, they should be encouraged to attend.  If you enjoy the spirited driving style of your Alfa, then you should be coming to this event.  It is not arduous in participating and doing the events, everything is safe and no damage will be caused to your Alfa.  It is a fantastic experience and excuse to drive your Alfa like you would not on any public road.
Come on all you Alfisti's, enter.
I can lead you to water but..................

Colin Edwards

The missus will be running her Giulietta.  I'm really looking forward to seeing her exploit the full capability of those big brakes on the QV.
A great opportunity to learn about your car and yourself under a well controlled and very safe environment.  Winton is the perfect track for driver training.
My son Tim will be helping out.  He has almost 20 years experiance competitively racing karts.  All instructors have vast experiance and are looking forward to passing on their skills. 
Whoever sits next to the missus though will probably need to be braver than most!!!
Experiance of this type under controlled environment is immensely beneficial.  Its going to be a very productive day for those joining in. 
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Thanks Colin.
My younger son will be entering for better education and skill development.
My older son had done it many times and still can't get enough of it.
Both are competent drivers and race.
There is a slow trickle of entries for both events coming, but of course need more participants and more the merrier  AROCA members should be "racing" to enter these events to get their membership value.  It is certainly something not to be missed, it is a charter of the club to provide this.  Under commercial events, price will certainly be double or triple, so members, you need to get into these opportunities we the club are offering.
Several Alfa mates are coming and bringing along with their teenagers.
I will dare to open it up to Alfa family friends and friends of friends, just send me forms. 
Any car, doesn't have to be an Alfa, as long as it has four wheels and you with enthusiasm.
Oh, no damage will be caused to your car, you just need to show up and be keen.
Cheers all.

Colin Edwards

Hi Neil,

Dropped into Sandown for a while Saturday morning for a look at the "Mazda MX5 Fan Fest".  My son was there for the day helping out for Mazda Australia.
This largely social event had a significant track related component.  A number of the regular MX5 sprinters took the opportunity to put their cars on the track.  Controlling this sporting side of the event for the MX5 gang was a section the AROCA "competition department". 

This event was extremely high profile - attracting more than 600 MX5's.  Over 2000 attendees registered for this event.  Once again AROCA is called on and entrusted with the management of an important motor sport event.  We should all be very proud and privileged to have amongst us such a highly regarded group.  Well Done!! 

They'll be at it again on Feb 4th and 5th at Winton running another important event!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5