Started by Alan Hopla, July 22, 2008, 09:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Hopla

Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

Davidm1600

Its a big call.  Certainly possibly one of the lowest milage Alfetta GTs left.  But pity about the side protection strips and those horrible US bumpers rather than the slim Euro stainless steel ones, like we received here in Australia. 

Also, dont recall seeing Australian spec Gts with the velour interior.  Mine and I think all I have ever seen had the vynal interior, while the 2L GTVs came with the velour interior.  The wheels on the GT appear to be the same as on the Sportiva, which again was a later model car here in Aus.

Must say it is still nice to see such a superb Alfetta.  I think it is a real pity that so many Alfetta Gts and GTVs have gone to the grave rather than being appreciated as a classic design.  The values still dont seem to have risen like the 105 GTV.  Perhaps one day.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Craig Sinclair

It is a nice car, despite the horrible "Americanisms". It's not actually a GT, it is separate American market model in its own right with a 2L and fuel injection. On the American Alfa BB, there are several examples of owners converting their cars back to European spec., getting rid of those bumpers and reflectors. I have a GT with cloth facings only on the seats, the rest being vinyl. I have an original brochure, in English but Italian print, which has the same seats. I don't know if the GT's came out here with these seats, or whether they are retro-fitted from a later model. My 77 GTV has vinyl in a different pattern to the earlier GT, and I think the later Alfetta seats were different again (Velour, not cloth and no vinyl at all). I do prefer the classic look of the sculpted vinyl, even if it's not the best to actually sit on. I think that the wheels are different to the sportiva alloys.  I have only come across these ones on American cars. I think that they were fitted to their Mario Andretti model as well. Cheers, Craig.
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio