New to Alfas'

Started by Cowie, August 30, 2016, 08:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowie

G'day !
I never thought I would be the owner of an Alfa, but here I am!
Closest I came was nearly purchasing a sud for my first car, ended up in a hand me down 240 GL instead.
I have purchased a 147 GTA, with an ecu/sensor issue, which prevents it revving over 3000 rpm, but I will be gutting the car and rewiring, in it's transformation into a rally car, so it won't be a big problem.
So I will have some bits and pieces available going forwards, wheels, seats, interior, air con pump and associated plumbing, most of the bits under the dash, and probably a bit of other stuff I can't think of now.
I will also be looking for some bits, namely the smaller GTA brake discs (305 mm ?) and calipers. And no doubt some other stuff as the build progresses. I wouldn't mind comparing the bottom ball joint position of a 159 Lca vs the standard item also ( I'm aware of the different mounting arrangement).

I have to admit, I had always written off Alfas as substandard in comparison to Japanese cars, but the more I look over the thing, the more impressive engineering principles I come across. They seem to be built with the cost of manufacturing being well down the list of priorities, in contrast to a lot of hatches getting around.  And damn, it has a sexy rump  :)

I'm in Qld by the way.

Cheers !