Website Stats

Started by Evan Bottcher, June 02, 2008, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Thought some of the stats about this website are interesting.

In May we received 704138 hits, from 9968 individuals.  7.35 Gigabytes of data was served.  Average of 946 hits per hour, with a maximum of 4858.  That's 1.34 hits per second in that hour.  Nothing on internet scale, but it's a lot of hits for a little old car club website.

Maximum traffic comes at 9pm at night.  The top 5 search phrases that brings people to the site are "alfa club vic", "alfa romeo", "aroca", "aroca vic", and "alfa forum".  13 folk came to the site searching for "simmons b45".

74% of visitors come to us from Australia, followed by 18% from the US.  Only 1% from the UK strangely enough.  We had 540 hits from Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast).

Pretty good really - the site runs on open source software that requires very little maintenance (until we get hacked) and our hosting provider Digital Pacific takes pretty good care of us.  The site usually is quick and responsive and available.

Hope this was vaguely interesting to you all...

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ishamael

Quite interesting.  But I can see why most people (in Australia and otherwise) are attracted to this forum.

When I was looking for a quick, free, and friendly source of advice for all aspects of restoring my alfa, I came across this forum via google (can't remember exactly what I searched for).

Bring on more international members I say :)
1973 GTV 2000 105

Simon Bidese

and a big thanks should be handed to Evan for making it happen

Cheers,

Simon