AROCA Vic Competition Rules for 2009

Started by Brad M, May 28, 2008, 10:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on May 28, 2008, 10:02:35 PM
meets Grp S eligibility

this could be a problem at sprint events.  Every scrutineer has to be familiar with all the Group S regs?

alfagtv58

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on May 29, 2008, 12:03:03 AM
meets Grp S eligibility

this could be a problem at sprint events.  Every scrutineer has to be familiar with all the Group S regs?

Not really, when was the last time someone at scrutineering pulled up a competitor and said 'why are you in base modified, you should be in super modified'?  Although scrutineers can check eligibility I would expect that their task at a sprint event is mainly to check conformance with the AROCA supp regs and safety aspects of the car.  Like any other class (sprints or otherwise), the best eligibilty officers are the other competitors in that class, you can bet your bottom dollar if someone is doing something to their car that is giving them an unfair advantage, then it will soon be known!!

If it really worries anyone though, I will put my hand up as an eligibility officer (and anyone is welcome to inspect my car for eligibility!!!).
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on May 29, 2008, 12:03:03 AM
meets Grp S eligibility

I agree with Phil, i wouldn't think it is any harder than for any other class.  I would also be happy to act as co-eligibility officer with Phil for any issues the scrutineers have.  The fact is the club rules are pretty much an honor system anyway.  Declaration at the start of the year, which i would be happy to review and then the scrutineering is really for safety unless there seems to be a glaring issue.

The Grp S rules are also a lot more straight forward than the club rules as there is much less scope for interpretation i.e the car is standard apart from what is specifically allowed in the rules.  Also the cars having a Grp S log book means they at least started out legal.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Wouldn't a Group S car fall into Super Modified class anyway (at present)?  You run standard brakes on those things don't you?

Scott Farquharson

Well, you can modify engine internals, gearbox internals, headers, springs, sway bars and dampers, I think gets them into racing class.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

By my reading, engine internals, gearbox internals and headers is one modification.  Springs, sway bars and dampers is a second.  You run race tyres, so that's all you're allowed.

You guys run standard brakes and retain interior fittings (unless it gets in way of rollcage, and certainly not hollowed out or lightened, ahem) don't you?

Someone correct me, but that would make it Super Modified. 

Scott Farquharson

Any update on the completed rule changes? A draft for review maybe?
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)