Mito sport engine number location?

Started by danai89, March 25, 2015, 09:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danai89

Hi, need to find the engine number location on the block.  No full number on the plates in the boot nor drivers foot well. Hope to get pinpoints on where it is  in the engine bay, as the rwc inspection guy cant find it. Thanks in advance.

colcol

According to Google, the engine number is located on the engine on a boss or lug on the left hand side of the cast iron engine block, just behind the exhaust manifold, it is printed in a hard to read dot matrix format, same as a Fiat 'starjet' motor.
You may need a torch and clean up the dots and rub some chalk on it and wipe it over with a rag and the chalk will sit in the dots and make it less difficult to read.
They use these Dot Matrix system as it is quicker to mark than with stamps and it can be scanned and the engine can't be rebirthed in a stolen car, hope this helps, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

danai89

Thanks colin,
I think i saw that dot matrix stamp,
looked kind of like crosses or squares in a larger square, and i had no idea how to read it. Will try the chalk method. Cheers