So who's Alfetta sedan did I just buy? (vic Plates)

Started by Servizio Corsa, August 25, 2014, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Servizio Corsa

Hi Gents,

I am up on the Sunshine Coast and I have just been able to purchase this 83 Alfetta sedan. The idea is to fix her up over the next few years with my sons. It obviously has vic plates and was last registered in 2002. It has had a lot of work done to it (motor, suspension and paint). Just though it would be interesting to see if anyone here recognises it. It still has the original Frank Crott dealer sticker inside the rear screen :)

Cheers!  Scott

DHDamo

Can't help with the cars history but nice score.

More Alfettas on the Sunny coast is a good thing.
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

Servizio Corsa

Hey thanks!  ;) Its such a unique little build!

I bought it off a fella who builds holden grey motors down on a property in NSW. It was originally his friends who has passed away. Apparently his friend used to travel the country buying all the 4 door alfettas he could for racing. This one was just too good a car to pull apart so it has spent the last 12 years under a tarp. It started up first time :o

Evan Bottcher

Looks like a Migliorata?  I *think* (no expert) that they were 83-only with the four headlamps and electric windows.  Great car, much nicer looking than the GCL in my opinion :-)

(sorry can't help you with the Vic history however - I'll ask the committee member who holds the register records however)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Servizio Corsa

Thanks Evan, I appreciate your input. It does have electric front windows.

I do plan to start a thread on the restoration of her...................I must say its a bit on the daunting side :o

Sheldon McIntosh

Electric rear windows as well?   

Good score, I'd been following that one on ebay also, in hopes of making a Mario Speedwagon II replica.     http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,12077.msg74102.html#msg74102

Servizio Corsa

No, just the fronts are electric.

For $20 the Mario speedwagon II was certainly a score!

Evan Bottcher

I'm told that rego is not on our register records, sorry about that.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Servizio Corsa

No Problem Evan, thanks for taking the time to ask :) I knew this would be a long shot but this car has certainly had some love over the years.

Thanks again