Fire extinguisher

Started by oz3litre, June 27, 2014, 08:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Brad M and I were flagging at Phillip Island Turn 2 once, and a car came infield after turn 2 and hit a small embankment, then set alight the long grass under it.  Brad set off with the large extinguisher as quickly as he could... but it was quite some distance and neither of us are athletes :)

Point is - it may be some time before assistance arrives from the nearest flag marshalls.  If you've broken your back or legs and can't get the fuck out and run, it would be good to be able to defend yourself a little bit against fire.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

oz3litre

OK, so it doesn't mention the harness. I appreciate all the replies. It is turning into an interesting discussion.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Brad M

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on June 28, 2014, 06:50:48 PM
Brad M and I were flagging at Phillip Island Turn 2 once, and a car came infield after turn 2 and hit a small embankment, then set alight the long grass under it.  Brad set off with the large extinguisher as quickly as he could... but it was quite some distance and neither of us are athletes :)

He he ... Black (even before the grass started to smoulder) RX-8 ... his little 1kg extinguisher wasn't calming the situation.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067