Warning for Alfa buyers

Started by Overalfa, January 31, 2014, 04:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Good wrap up Col.

Extraball there are plenty of 147s (twinsparks, GTAs and diesels) in our club up here in Qld and none of that elitist bullshit that is rumoured to have been quite prevalent in days gone by. We welcome new members from all walks of life, at all stages of life, as long as they're Alfa owners (or prospective owners).

Cheers,

Brent Hampstead

colcol

Would i be made welcome in an ARNA?, or is that pushing it too far, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

hammer

Col, i was going to make the Arna gag in my previous post but thought I'd leave it alone. There's no telling how we'd react to an Arna, but we'd at least be polite!

Garibaldi

Hey Col, what's going on? Is the Arna project back on? 8)

colcol

1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Darryl

PM? The Arna sounds like a great project, tell us more!
So Brent how inclusive are we - would an Arna "replica" be allowed in QLD Alfacomp and Italian challenge (the former only talks about marque, so if the badge is right we are good - right?) while the latter says Italian marque engine (tick) and car (badges?)...

hammer

Darryl,

You're hurting my head with these complex questions... An Arna replica could run in Alfa Comp for sure. If someone is going to spend time making one they are obviously a super-dedicated Alfa fan.

LaStregaNera

Quote from: hammer on February 07, 2014, 08:42:13 AM
Darryl,

You're hurting my head with these complex questions... An Arna replica could run in Alfa Comp for sure. If someone is going to spend time making one they are obviously a super-dedicated Alfa fan.
How bout an Arna with a 156 twinspark stuffed in it?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Darryl

Quote from: hammer on February 07, 2014, 08:42:13 AM
Darryl,

I take that to mean you aren't about to grab a pulsar body from the wreckers and stick it on the sprint? ;D

hammer

I won't be grabbing a the Pulsar or Holden Astra version!

colcol

The Australian Holden Astra and Nissan Pulsar actually had a 1.6 litre Family 2 Camira motor in it, you could most likely from what i have seen, you could put a 2 litre Family 2 injected motor in it.
But if you wanted it to be an 'Alfa Romeo' motor, you could put in a 2.2 litre JTS motor and gearbox out of a 159, to keep it in the family.
The Pulsar / Astra had an east - west engine arrangement, where the ARNA had a 33 / Alfasud motor north - south, it would depend how wide the 159 2.2 General Motors based engine is, Colin.

Cool Jesus

OMG stop posting on this thread. You keep highlighting its ridiculous heading in my unread post, farkin.

Cool Jesus out again!
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

colcol

'Warning for Alfa buyers', there were only 53,000 ARNA models made between 1983 - 1986, and they are becoming very hard to come by.
Anyone [else] have one in Australia?, Colin.

Craig_m67

Quote from: colcol on February 07, 2014, 09:58:05 PM
'Warning for Alfa buyers', there were only 53,000 ARNA models made between 1983 - 1986, and they are becoming very hard to come by.
Anyone [else] have one in Australia?, Colin.

How any came to Australia Col?

Was the rear suspension fettled in anyway by Alfa. Or was it simply the front end to accommodate the boxer engine?
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

colcol

The rear suspension was Datsun Pulsar, which didn't matter as it is front wheel drive, the front was designed by Alfa Romeo who changed all the pickup points, to make it more like a Sud and 33 with long arms to avoid large camber changes during cornering and to give it negative camber, i know of only one that came to Australia, Colin.