my 2600

Started by bootlegger, November 06, 2013, 11:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AikenDrum105

Looking great !  Putting all the new shiny bits back in the engine is great fun.

Hey - is that a Colli rear hatch in the background there ?     :)

Cheers,

SCott.
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Nate Dog

Well, I'm in sydney,
While i work a full time job most evening are free, if you're doing any work on it at night, and need a couple of relatively untrained but willing hands, id like to come see what it is you're doing to it, maybe pitch in if you need a hand.
Am doing a rolling restoration on an 81 gtv, so anything i can glen off you would be pure bonus :)

bootlegger

Im doing the work at tony mckones workshop at windsor. Its only daylight hours im afraid but im sure you would be welcome to drop in during the time im there. Just call first. I usually work on it one day a week.
He is selling up so pretty much everything is up for grabs at a garage sale price.
Dave 0413766501 davehotboats@hotmail.com

bootlegger

I fnally got another day in on my engine. Ive got two other projects on the go a 450 ducati and a vintage wooden raceboat.
Usually I have a rule of only one project at a time.
I pre oiled the block and got the head back on.
The cams are timed and last week I blasted all the parts under the bonnet and painted them.
Next week ill rebuild the carbs and get it all together.
Im hoping to take the car to moto italia in canberra at the end of the month.

Craig_m67

Quote from: AikenDrum105 on January 28, 2014, 12:57:35 PM

Hey - is that a Colli rear hatch in the background there ?     :)

It does look like it, indeed if you look closely at the pic there appears to be a dusty colli attached to the shiney white hatch....
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bootlegger

Im not sure what you are looking at in the background but its all for sale.
The workshop is mckone automotive.
He is selling up so it all has to go.
Of course my 2600 is coming home with me.

bootlegger

Im not sure what you are looking at in the background but its all for sale.
The workshop is mckone automotive.
He is selling up so it all has to go.
Of course my 2600 is coming home with me.

GTV-074

The "Colli" being referred to is what appears to be a Giulia Wagon in the background. You can clearly see  the white tailgate.

Colli was one of the Italian coachbuilders who did the conversions of sedans into wagons.

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

bootlegger

Sorry to sound nieve. Im not an alfa guy but I know the wagon you are talking about. My 2600 is the first alfa I have owned. The only other alfas ive tried to buy was a sprint speciale but I couldnt do a deal with the guy. Ive also tried to buy a montreal.
The wagon is a heartbreaker project but viable if you have the skills and money.
Im pretty sure tony wants to sell it. Give him a call if you like.

GTV-074

No problems.... The wagon is a pretty rare beast and they do surface every now and again, more likely overseas. Not a car for me though!

Keep up the great work on the 2600 ....

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

AikenDrum105

Yep - not many of them around.   Neither are there well restored 2600s for that matter - really enjoying watching as yours comes back to life !

I spoke to Tony and they plan to restore the Colli.

He does still have quite a few bits and pieces for other cars left to sell as they clear everything out - most of the usual shinies are long gone - but he's happy to have a look for anyone who's after bits and pieces.

Cheers,

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

bootlegger

Sorry if I led anyone astray. Tony must have changed his mind on the wagon.

bootlegger

My engine had this distributor fitted to it at some stage. The base plate screws to the block and then its bolted to that.
The problem with using this is it fouls the water fitting to the inlet manifold.
Can anyone recognize the distributor and im hoping I can find the right one.

bootlegger

Not much happening over the last few weeks. I also race speedboats and have been putting an engine together for my hydroplane.
I have got the alfa engine basically done. Tonight I started rebuilding the carbs. Just cleaning them up ready to put the kits in them. Luckily I have a second complete manifold with carbs and linkages to use as a reference. Another 2600 owner I have recently met also allowed me to view his restored beauty and let me take several pics.
I dont have a date to get this running but its getting closer.
Once its running ill get the car home and work out what it needs to get it up to a presentable standard.
Even though the car was undergoing a restoration. 15 years of sitting around with dust all over it has taken its toll.
Having said  all that im confident it will look great in the end.

bootlegger

Well for some reason I couldnt log in but im back on now. A lot has happened since I was last on here.
The engine is finally back in and the car was rolled out into the sunshine for the first time in 15 years.
I also repainted the engine bay back to silver.
I found out my car is the 3 rhd 66 model produced of a total of ten.
It was sold new in adelaide april 67.
I just have to connect evrything up and then finally found out how well I have put this engine together.
Im not happy with a couple of bits on the bodywork so once running right I might repaint it..