Hello :)

Started by Simmo, September 09, 2013, 10:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmo

Hey all,

I've signed up to this forum in search of some advice and vital information! I'm on the verge of looking into purchasing my very first Alfa, preferably a classic like a 1600, 1750 or 2000. I've recently sighted a 1300 junior for sale in absolute mint condition and its got me keen on researching what I'll be getting myself into. What's some advice for a first time buyer / who could I chat with to get a better understanding of the pro's and con's of a classic Alfa?

Cheers Simon

hammer

Simon,

Good to hear from you mate.

There are plenty of old heads in the Qld chapter of AROCA who know the 105s intimately. Jay from Superior Automotive in Albion has a pristine GTV2000 and could talk you through the things to look out for. Cameron Wright from Automotion at Enoggera has restored a few and would also be keen to help you out. These two blokes are just a couple who spring to mind. Most of the mechanics who advertise on our club site know the 105s back to front. It's worth having a face to face conversation.

There are a couple of good ones for sale on the AROCA qld classifieds at present. That blue GTV2000 that Paul Young has for sale is a ripper. It may seem expensive at $29000 but it's had a lot of money lavished on it and it presents and drives superbly.

Best of luck with the hunt. Feel free to come along to one of our club nights and say gidday.

Cheers,

Brent Hampstead

Simmo

Awesome! Thank yo. I'll have a good perusal of the forums as well :)