I'm back

Started by blazingsud, August 28, 2013, 01:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazingsud

Grettings all Sudfosi, thought I'd say hi!
Last time I was a club member,  1979 to around 96, this internet forum stuff wasn't around.
I've just purchased a 1976 Alfasud L.
My first car in 1979 was a pale green , ex South African, Alfasud 4dr. Loved it, as you do, and I went on to own a few other Alfas over the years, but with the sale of my Alfetta GTAM [now how dumb was that!] I left the club.
So, my little baby has seen better days, its got quite a lot of rust to fix, but its all there, very original, Silver with red interior, apparently one owner till a couple of years ago when it was sold to my seller, unreg, as it needed work  :'(  & also has a blown head gasket. My plan is to keep it as original as I can.

So I shall be asking questions, I've done a bit of reading regarding spares, but may ask if some ebay suppliers are any good, like the full gasket kits etc.

The intention is to strip the car completely, media blast it, weld her up & all over, paint, restore it properly, & drive the crap out of it!

regards
Nigel Houghton-Allen
Nigel Hyphen Donut
2010 159 2.4JTDm SW
74 sud  Blue Procida
76 sud L Silver
76 sud.L Coral Red,
78 Sprint 1.5 Red Twin carb
82 Alfasud Ti 1.5
83 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Porsche 928S4,Ducati 907ie x 2,Lambretta
Haflinger
past
79 Alfasud,Alfetta 2.0
76 Autodelta Alfetta GTAM
64 Guilia Sprint Gt "Patchwork"

colcol

Hello Nigel Houghton Allen, how could anyone forget a name like that!, i do remember your Alfetta GTAM, as there are not many, read none around, i remember that car for all the wrong reasons,  it was a true Alfa Romeo, as it was a competition model that came with the standard Alfa Romeo issue rust, as they must have saved weight by not including any rust proofing or paint.
There is a place in the UK called Sudsonline, the man there is Peter Webb, but try the local wreckers for parts as well, there is Monza Motors in Bayswater, a long time club sponsor, also ebay is a great source of Alfasud parts, due to the financial crisis gripping the world, there are parts coming out of the woodwork, i have purchased parts for my 33 from Greece of all places.
Welcome Nigel, and keep those questions coming, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

blazingsud

Hi ..... ?, yes the Alfetta was quite special. it surprisingly had very little rust, the tail gate was toast, it rusted out where the fuel dry brake was fitted and around the lower front windscreen surround. Other than that it was all good.

Yes, I have already spent some $ at Sudsonline, and questions will come!

thanks, very happy to be back with the Alfa club,some of the best times of my life were here.
Nigel Hyphen Donut
2010 159 2.4JTDm SW
74 sud  Blue Procida
76 sud L Silver
76 sud.L Coral Red,
78 Sprint 1.5 Red Twin carb
82 Alfasud Ti 1.5
83 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Porsche 928S4,Ducati 907ie x 2,Lambretta
Haflinger
past
79 Alfasud,Alfetta 2.0
76 Autodelta Alfetta GTAM
64 Guilia Sprint Gt "Patchwork"

GTV-074

Welcome back Nigel....

I remember the GTAM very well .... flying around Winton and other places....

Was that car usually parked in  Kew street near the park on Cotham Road?

I'll dig out some old club mags and scan a pic for the folks to see....

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?