Successful Ebay purchases for the 156

Started by Bear157, July 28, 2013, 11:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domenic

Hey Angelo,

I had a set of genuine Alfa ones I took off my 156 and put them on the scales.
They weighed just under 5kg each.
I wonder what the other ones that are available weigh??

ANG156

I guess they could be around the same as the originals but if they are shaving a few mm here and there on the thickness of the arms then thats all thats needed to weaken them with all our speed humps and terrible british roads

colcol

The top control arms on the 156, which wear out first is that they rattle and bump, due to the metal bush wearing out as well as the pivot bolt, the Genuine control arms and bolts when new are a very good fit and the metal is a good material, the non genuine arms are a bit sloppy in the bush department and they will rattle from new, and because the bush is made from cheese, it will be worn out very quickly, you get what you pay for, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Bear157

Quote from: Cool Jesus on August 13, 2013, 11:00:14 AM
Regarding the mentioned key fob logos.

I initially did the same for my Spider key fob with a plastic gel coated sticker off ebay. Looked OK, price was good too, but it just didn't quite do it for me. Not having had or seen what an example should have been like, I did have my 147 key fob with the metal logo. Hmmm, after some deliberation and searching I found some actual pieces being sold on the web. Must have been gold plated unobtainium items considering the asking price. Anyhow, I came across some Alfa Romeo logo lapel/tie/cuff link pins in my search and I'll be damned, they were spot on for size and comparable in price to the gel coated stick ons. Anyhow, ordered the coloured metal pins, lobbed off the stem, a bit of contact cement and nek minut, what looked to be an original key fob  ;D

Just an alternative, for those more anal like myself. Oh, that last sentence doesn't sound good at all ... ???

The ones I bought are not those gel coat, bubble style. They have the raised lines of the logo with the painted parts slightly sunken into the logo. I guess you would say they have 'texture'. Anyway, in my opinion, they are very classy and look like what an Alfa logo should look like on a factory key fob.