Buying a 147, after some advice

Started by vivian, February 19, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivian

Hi all

I'm looking at buying a 147, pref a ti as I like the wheels and they come with standard leather. Not sure how accurate car valuations are on drive.com etc., so I'm sure someone on here can give me some advice.

I'm looking at a car from a private seller on Thurs., details as follows;
First reg. April 2007, MY2006 2L twin spark.
Extras: leather and 17" ti spoke alloy wheels
17000km, 2 year manufacturer warranty with roadside assist remaining.
Car as new, as expected.

Drive.com.au values a twin spark $26-29k, ti $29-32k. The seller is asking $32990 as it has the extras and it is 10 months old, but is willing to negotiate a bit.
This is obviously a clean car, and although it has extras to almost make it ti equivalent, it is not a ti.

SO... provided I like the car, it drives well and checks out mechanically, any ideas on an offer $?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!  Viv

branko.gt

not sure about the price. Thing to note about the seats is that there are two types of leather seats. The sports seats that came with Ti and standard variety. Ti seats are much nicer. You can easily tell them apart by red stitching through the middle of the seat.

John Hanslow

There are some 147 ti's for sale out there at various prices.

As Branko said, they have ti 'features' like nice seats and also ti badging, ti sports wheels and I am sure a firmer suspension (better check on that one).

Look at the other car sites including their valuations e.g. Red Book and also under research tabs on the web page, that will list the specs and options etc.

Try CarPoint which has by far more cars, CarSales, Drive as you know.  There is trading post and e-bay but not probably relevant in your case.

- Do your research and compare prices vs options & features you want re 'ti'.
- valuations vary between the sites.
- compare mileage/km as perhaps a 2006 car is for sale with very low kms.
- check all sites, a bit of time can give you lots of ammunition for negotiation.

Good luck.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata