Alfa GT Headlight Washer Problem

Started by zippytheclown, May 23, 2013, 05:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippytheclown

Ok, I read about this on the UK alfa forum, and the fix they had sounded good, only the fuse diagram I have from the owners manual I downloaded looks nothing like my fuseblock.

My problem is, when I go to use the windscreen washer, which is also the headlight washer on my car, gallons of water pour out the front from the headlight washers and none comes out of the windscreen jets.  The uk forum fix was to pull the fuse for the headlight washer as they are effectively useless anyway, problem is, as mentioned above, the fuse diagram I have looks nothing like the fusebox on my car.  I'm talking about the fusebox located adjacent to the battery under the bonnet.  I don't think there would be a second fusebox would there?  Does anybody know where I can get an accurate fuse layout diagram for the Aussie Alfa 2007 3.2 V6 GT? Or can anybody suggest an easy fix? I can't be faffed to pull the front bumper so I really just want to work out what fuse it is.  The car is still under the dealer warranty, I've only had it 3 weeks but not sure if he'll fix it, I'm gonna call him tomorrow to see.

Thanks in advance
Bill
'03 Holden Commy XYII Work Ute (Monday to Friday Car)
'04 147 GTA Sele (Saturday Car)
'07 Alfa GT V6 (Sunday Car)
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Sprint Veloce (Money Pit)

Alan Hopla

Bill,
I should think the dealer should fix this under warranty.
It is a roadworthy requirement, and would be a failure and not wear and tear, (there is enough fluid in the reservoir I take it).

The Owners handbook does cover the fuse locations on pages 205-211.
There are 3 fuse boxes, and the Head light washer is listed on page 209.

Alan.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

zippytheclown

Thanks Alan, I found the info in the manual, my problem is, fuse F09 which is apparently in the fusebox beside the battery, the fusebox in my car is a totally different layou and shape from the one in the illustration in the manual therefore I can't work out which fuse to pull.  Headlight washer fuse is supposed to be 20 amp, there is only one 20 amp fuse, but apparently central locking fuse is 20 amp as well, *sighs* I'll call the dealer in the morning.  I know it's a roadworthy issue, i'll use that angle when I speak to them

zippytheclown

Ok, contacted the dealer this morning, I was very polite and gushy about "what a beautiful car" and "I'm so happy" and "just one small problem....." bottom line, they said it should've been picked up on the roadworthy AND the RACQ check, so I have to take it in next week for them to look at.  I hope they don't try to say the failure occurred in the 3 weeks since I bought it.

Oh, if they give me any grief, is it good form to name and shame the dealer?