AROCA Winton Sprint 30th March Entry form and Supp regs

Started by Neil Choi, February 09, 2008, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Apologies for the delay. 

Here are the entry form and supp regs for AROCA Winton Sprint on Sunday 30th March.

Looking like a field and first one for 2008.

Short track as usual, and you all know how much fun the short track is.

Neil

Neil Choi

Hi there all

AROCA Winton Sprint is this Sunday, come up and have a look and catch up with other members.

If you are wanting a run, I can still accept entries up to the day.

Give me a call 0433 11 66 47

Neil

alfagtv58

Looks like it was a good day, lots of laps and some pretty fast times on Natsoft.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brad M

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Justin Jacobs

Well Brad , what you feared came to pass . Its time for your sibling to get his own car . The rules of borrowing is not to beat the owner . Just point  zero eight of one second - that hurts . JJ .

Brad M

It's OK I'm having him deported ... won't be a problem again.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Ray Pignataro

Brad first they beat you by a little bit then it becomes sport to
beat you as much as possible. Victor has this problem with Mary and I have this problem with Susan. Nip it in the bud now  dont let it get any worse. Cheers Ray

Victor Lee

Hmmm... Brad being beaten by 0:00.08 must hurt!

But Raymond, 0:01.21 must definately hurt!  Have u got that gender recognition device working yet?  Mine doesn't work, so now I'm thinking about a weight sensor hooked up to the drivers seat that instructs the ECU to knock off 2000RPM!  I'm telling u... these girls have a definite weight advantage!

Ok, Ok, Ok, to save u looking it up, Mary beat me at Phillip Island last December by 0:00.21. 

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Brad M

Next time on the short track, I'll be using octane boost and dropping the front sway bar in an attempt to wipe out the 80 thousandth of a second deficit...  plus learn to drive. Get this the tip from my brother was to practice with computer games.  ;D
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Justin Jacobs

Maybe with no skin in the game Jeremy had the 'no fear' factor . I suggest you have the 'you bend it - you mend it chat' .
Any way i always manage to beat my dad by a considerable margin but i never point it out as he is the team finaciaer and he is in his middle 70's so i should probably doing a lot better .

Fast Eddie

How great is it to read this thread, the real subject between the lines... one heck of a fast sprint!!!
(i'm chossing to ignore "No Fear" Musco for the time being).

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Justin Jacobs

the green machine of Mr Mussco was a truly great sight . He must have 8 lives left the way he pilots that sprint . The NATSOFT times are a good guide of a top day with perfect conditions . Apart from a few quickly recovered offs[ i contributed here ] the day ran faultlessly with the four run groups clocking up massive run totals . Am a little unsure of the standard under 2l class times . They seem espeacilly quick figures compared to how they looked in the flesh ?
Would be good to get back to transponders even if a small charge applied ? This would reduce time irregularities that understandibly happen .
Ed just come over in future , Brad is happy to loan his car out....

Jeff

Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed the my first sprint meet with the club.              The assistance by club members was very much appreciated.

Hey Ray,  that was great session!  Lots of fun. If my wife looks as though she wants a run in the car,     I'll think long and hard !

Alan Hopla

Justin,

I think a few of the cars don't really qualify as standard, based on how I read the 2006 rules.
Jeff for instance (car 30) who was at his first sprint and may not even know the class structure, ( I know I struggled to find details when I started).
His car is quite extensively modified just from a quick look, stripped out interior, non-standard exhaust, and what I think were R-spec tyres.
One other of these cars also runs what I think are R-spec tyres, and another runs some pretty trick Michelin's that might even be considered R-spec but who knows.
I don't know if it really matters, but it does make the system of having different classes a bit pointless.

As for Brad, well I think he should set up an arrive and drive service.
His brother had the best service I have ever seen.
Just wandered up to the dummy grid, and the car was ready and waiting.
Bring it in at the end of the session and park it.
No mess no bother!

Alan.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey