2.5L V6 75 Fuel Pump

Started by Luckyphil, March 18, 2013, 08:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckyphil

Hi all, does anyone have a fuel pump for a 75 kicking around at home?
went  to connect everything back up yesterday (relocated tank pump and filter into boot)
Pump ran for about 30 seconds then stopped, i think i might have picked up some shit from the bottom of the tank :(
pulled everything back out and tried to get pump to run again but no luck...........
not looking for a brand new flash pump ATM, just something to start the car so it can be moved around while work is still being done to it.
Cheers
Phil   

GTVeloce

Hi Phil

Have you got a fuel pressure gauge? I had a similar thing recently with a TS engine and all I did was replace the filter, put the gauge after the pump, then put 12V direct to the pump to build it up to the correct pressure. Then the car started and ran fine and has continued to do so.

Luckyphil

Hi Mate, no the pump is not working at all, when i pulled it all out again i connected 12volts directly to it and you can see there is an initial click and a slight turning force due to torque but thats it... so it looks like, as I said, the pump has picked up some crap from the bottom of the tank and jammed up..... :'(

105gta

Hi Phil, I have one if you're still interested?
Ben
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)