2013 VRA East Coast Challenge

Started by alfagtv58, March 14, 2013, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Like you Brent I persevered with the camera antics only because I got much more engrossed in the action at hand. In any case, I cannot comment on film quality based on the two events I put up full of camera shake ! Note to self. Take tripod !

Back with the action, I thought it was a very  intense bit of driving Bill and enjoyed the opportunity to see it, shakes and all. Thanks.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

magraith

Seems I had more than a few electrical gremlins on the weekend!

My GOPRO only recorded 1:05 mins of the first three races, very frustrating.

However here is some footage from race 4, the last race of the day before we packed our bags and headed for home. 

Thanks for the hospitality QLD and all those that made the meeting such a success, it was a fantastic weekend.

Enjoy

hammer

Here's a link to some vision from inside the mighty Alfasud Sprint, during race 4. This is a 30-year-old, bog standard 1.5 twin carb, but we've got it handling nicely. Thanks to Rob Cantle for installing his camera in the Sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ogcK7cjTEzg

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: hammer on August 26, 2013, 07:09:14 AM
This is a 30-year-old, bog standard 1.5 twin carb, but we've got it handling nicely.

That looks like such a hoot!  Sud Pow-ah!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

hammer

You know it's a hoot Evan. I've watched plenty of vision from your Sud. They're heaps of fun.

We sought the advice of Sud legends Bob Whitehouse and Frank Musco in setting up this little fella and it's paid dividends. Plans are to extend the half cage to a full cage, insert a stocko 1.7 16v and give it an amateur lick of paint and it'll be ready for 2014. My brother will race it in our local comp and hopefully I can trail it to wherever the 2014 ECC is held and resume my battle with the VRA tail-enders.

Cheers,

Brent

Frank Musco

Grouse! Sounds really good that engine, brings back memories from the valve bounce days. Nice corner speed.
Good luck with the 16v, looking forward to the footage.