Giulia navigation update

Started by g0nzal3s, December 27, 2019, 01:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

I would love to, but my concern would be that by posting instructions on how to do it, the loophole may be closed.

I'm trying to ascertain if there's a mechanism by which I can distribute the maps without disclosing the method - which hopefully means it will remain open. As the maps aren't tied to a specific vehicle as they use an entitlement license already installed on the unit, it should be possible to simply distribute the update file. However finding somewhere to host such a large file is challenging.

mms

Quote from: Lee on February 13, 2023, 02:48:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Just an update that I did eventually manage to update the maps on my MY22 Giulia without the assistance of either Stellantis or my dealer - both of whom informed me Australian map updates were unavailable.

The maps exist and are available - if you know where to look. However Stellantis for whatever reason are not making this information public or easily accessible for customers in Australia.

Hi Lee,

I just registered on this forum to ask, please help!

Looks like you've found Atlantis, can you direct us to where we can update our Giulia / Stelvio maps from? Hoping it covers the 2017-2019 cars too. You could even charge a commission for it, that's how badly some of us are wanting newer maps for our otherwise perfect cars!!!

mms

Quote from: Lee on February 13, 2023, 04:49:30 PM
I would love to, but my concern would be that by posting instructions on how to do it, the loophole may be closed.

I'm trying to ascertain if there's a mechanism by which I can distribute the maps without disclosing the method - which hopefully means it will remain open. As the maps aren't tied to a specific vehicle as they use an entitlement license already installed on the unit, it should be possible to simply distribute the update file. However finding somewhere to host such a large file is challenging.

Hi Lee - any chance you can share the details for the benefit of the rest of us? You know, with Alfa Romeo Australia completely letting down it's paying Customer's time and time again.... Are maps for 2017-2019 cars available?

Lee

Here you go: March 2023 maps for the Giulia MY2020+ (with Connect 3D).

http://www.32kb.net/software/tomtom/2023.03/MAP50166.bin

Let me know how you go!

Lee

mms

Quote from: Lee on June 17, 2023, 04:00:55 PMHere you go: March 2023 maps for the Giulia MY2020+ (with Connect 3D).

http://www.32kb.net/software/tomtom/2023.03/MAP50166.bin

Let me know how you go!

Lee

Thanks, unfortunately I have the MY17-19 Giulia, do you know where I can get those maps from? Also, doesn't the maps you shared need a licence file too?

Thank you again, but would be awesome if you shared how you gained access to the maps in the first place.

Lee

Hi mms,

The Connect 3D navigation system use in MY2020 onwards doesn't require a license file, just the maps. The file above should be all that is required for owners of these vehicles. Earlier makes do require the license file which is a (slightly) added complexity.

I will see if I can find a way to obtain maps for the earlier versions, including the license files.

The method for obtaining the maps isn't complex. My concern with sharing how they were obtained is that Stellantis may close the loophole. 

mms

Quote from: Lee on June 18, 2023, 09:20:37 AMHi mms,

The Connect 3D navigation system use in MY2020 onwards doesn't require a license file, just the maps. The file above should be all that is required for owners of these vehicles. Earlier makes do require the license file which is a (slightly) added complexity.

I will see if I can find a way to obtain maps for the earlier versions, including the license files.

The method for obtaining the maps isn't complex. My concern with sharing how they were obtained is that Stellantis may close the loophole. 

Any update on this Lee?

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

mms

Looks like they posted the maps for everybody on the navshop site for MY20+ cars,  but shame nothing for the MY17-MY19.

Fca.navshop.com

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Quote from: Lee on February 13, 2023, 04:49:30 PMI would love to, but my concern would be that by posting instructions on how to do it, the loophole may be closed.

I will gladly host it on behalf of everyone here. 😁
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).