Qld Division AGM

Started by hammer, August 30, 2012, 09:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

On Wednesday, Sept 12 we're holding the 2012 AROCA Qld Annual General Meeting at Shannon's Insurance Club Room (Unit 5B, West End Corporate Park, 305-313 Montague Rd, West End). There's a sausage sizzle from 6.30pm, with the meeting kicking off around 7pm. The AGM agenda has been published in the Club Magazine, along with forms for members wishing to nominate for a committee position and/or assign their voting rights to their nominated proxy. Come along & have your say. See you there.

hammer

A quick reminder about that the AGM is on tomorrow night. Come along to help vote in the new committee.

Cheers,

Brent

werdna

Hey,
I'm thinking about coming along tomorrow night. How do you guys take to non-members showing up?
Andrew

hammer

Andrew,

In all honesty it's probably a bit of a dull night for a non-member. You'd be better off coming along to one of our more interesting away nights or a club night where we have an interesting guest speaker.

Cheers,

Brent

Neil Choi

Brent and Andrew

AGM's are great for non-members, they get voted into the committee!!!

Andrew how are you enjoying the Super, I met you when you were picking up on the Saturday.

Neil

werdna

Brent,

Thanks for the heads up. I had a feeling it might be like that being an AGM, but ive been dying to talk all things Alfa.

Neil,
I thought that may have been you on the Saturday. The Super is going great, i'm just in the process of getting the front suspension bushes and rubbers changed. I don't think they liked the 2000-ish kilometre trip as much as I did. It now squeaks and groans like you wouldn't believe!
Over the next couple of years i'd like to upgrade the handling of the car. Do you have any suggestions? It already has Koni yellows, I was thinking about lowered suspension but not sure where to go from there.

Thanks,
Andrew

hammer

Andrew,

Next month's club night is the annual bocce challenge against the Fiat club. Check that AROCA website for full details. It'd be a good opportunity for you to come along and talk all things Alfa - our have a laugh at our crap bocce skills.

Cheers,

Brent