AROCA Winton Sprint Long Track Round 8 2 December

Started by Neil Choi, August 20, 2012, 10:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Just a reminder of our last round of sprints at Winton Long Track Round 9 on 2 December.

It is a long while but pencil it into your racing calendar to finish the year on a high.

I wish to plan some form of celebratory event to close of the year's competition.  This is to show appreciation to all officials and all competitors and club members.  But some form of catering at Winton is not permissible.

Any suggestions you might have I would love to hear.

SR and EF out in late October or early November, just after AROCA 6 hr.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

As a thought, there is a possibility of scheduling a circuit training group in amongst all the run groups.  This will depend on numbers.  I have one so far, so let me know if you are interested as I need to gather up instructors.

Neil Choi

Just preparing the Winton documents.

I am now seeking any new sprinters, less experienced drivers or junior drivers to put together an instructional group which you will be given track time and instructions in a very safe environment with little passing so you can experience and learn at your own speed.

Please get in touch with me now so I can figure out numbers.  So far I have several interested, with a couple of juniors already enrolled.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Please find the SR and EF attached.

Enter early to avoid disappointment.

We will be organising a run group dedicated to beginner, novice, slower and lady drivers who want some instructions to go around safely and carefully.   Places are limited for this training group so please get in touch with me to reserve a place.

Any questions, let me know.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

For those wondering, sprint event is open all members of all car clubs.  So not restricted to only Alfa members.

So enter away and all welcome.

Neil

kuncha

Hi Neil,
          I would be interested in the training group for Dec 2. Any places available?

Thanks

Frank

Neil Choi

kuncha

Thanks Neil,
                 I will send it off today.

Regards

Frank

kuncha

Hi Neil,
          Entry form sent.

Thanks

Frank

Tom@ECCA

Hey Neil, I dropped off a couple of entries to you the other day. Looking forward to some time out at Winton.

Neil Choi

Event shaping up to be a ripper.  A great field of cars of all types, Alfa's including a bunch of Gp S cars coming out to play, Giulia Supers, Brera, 159, modern GTV, usual GTV's and GTV6's, 75's and 105's.  Even a fine example imported from SA.  Oh, one 90 and one Ricciardi.

Come on up and spectate, take an easy drive up in the morning and enjoy the action, lunch and cruise on home.

Neil Choi

Forgot to mention.

Two spectacularly prepared Alfa's, a very hot 147 GTA and a race tuned Alfa 33 with all the right gear.  Something to watch out for.

Tom@ECCA

Ray Pignataro

Grouse day almost to hot but good. Always fun good job Neil

Neil Choi

Don't thank me but a Big Thanks to the following for running the day so successfully.

Stuart Thomson
Bruno Colautti
Joe Ardi
Barry Edmunds
Adrian Huntley
Ted from the Korean GP officials scrutineering group
Paul Murphy Senior
Jess Murphy
Frank Musco
Lynda Savage
Robert Hart's better half whose name I have forgotten (my apologies)
Phil Aarons
Steve Aarons
All the 21 and more instructors involved in Group 5
All the unnamed scrutineers, they know who they are and need not be embarrassed.

Of course there will be many who I have forgotten, get in touch with me to remind me and I will amend the list.

Looks like everyone had a great time with successful achievements on the track.  Many getting 30 odd laps with some getting over 40 laps, well done.  It would appear the best conditions were during the mid morning sessions before it got too hot for the tyres to last. 

Also fantastic that 21 junior, lady and novice drivers entering and experience circuit driving in a safe way with an instructor on board to guide them around.  No doubt we will see them back.  This was a great introduction.

Of course I did nothing to help during the day other than to break a clutch.

Regards
Neil