2012 Festival of Italian Motorsport

Started by hammer, June 08, 2012, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Here's a link to the entry form for the 2012 Festival Of Italian Motorsport at Queensland Raceway on Sunday, August 26.

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/files/FOIM%20Entry%20Form%202012_1.pdf

I've written a detailed article in this month's club magazine, but the short story is that it's a one day event, featuring a race category, regularity category and a show n shine. We've invited our mates from the Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia and Maserati clubs to join us and, weather permitting, we're aiming to have more than 100 Italian cars involved across the three elements. The 2012 Festival is being run as part of QR's Top Gear race meeting.

Check out the club mag for full details. If you're not a club member and a keen to join in the action, drop me PM and I'll get back to you with more detail.

Cheers, Brent

hammer

Only 11 days to go... Racing, regularity and show n shine @ Qld Raceway. $10 spectator entry.

See you there.

hammer

The list is getting bigger folks. Up to 37 entries now across racing and regularity. That's 1 Lancia, 6 Ferraris, 7 Fiats and 23 Alfas. Apparently there are more entries still to come! See you at Qld Raceway on Sunday, August 26. On track action from 8.45am, Show and Shine from 10am.

Cheers,

Brent

hammer

We now have a massive 24 entries for the FOIM regularity and 19 for racing. That's 43 gorgeous Italian machines on track and at least that again on display in the paddock! Don't miss out folks, spread the word, tell your friends and family - $10 spectator entry, payable in cash at the gate.

Other categories racing on the day include Historic Clubmans, the Qld V8 Series, Super Karts and the Sports & Sedans group.

8.30am - 4pm, Sunday, August 26, Queensland Raceway, Champions Way, Willowbank.

See you there.

Brent

hammer

Here's the cover pic from the Qld Raceways facebook page advertising our event. Should be a cracker.

alfagtv58

Good luck Brent, have a great run. See you in September hopefully.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

hammer

Thanks Phil. I'm just so pleased for the Qld club to have had such a fantastic response to this race meeting.

I'll get this one out of the way then make a decision about Winton.

Cheers.

hammer

A fantastic day at Qld Raceway yesterday for the Festival of Italian Motorsport. The racing honours were taken out by Charlie Clements in a Ferrari 308GTB from Sam Behan in a turbo-charged Fiat 125 and Trevor Bassett in a Ferrari 365 GTC. My Giulietta was the quickest of the Alfas, until an electrical gremlin earned me a DNS for the final race.

The regularity went to Roger Brameld (AROCA member but driving a Ferrari), with Peter Parianos in an Alfa Sud Sprint second and John Fenwick in a 105 3rd.

More than 50 cars took part in the show n shine. A big thanks to Cameron and Chris from Automotion for sponsoring the show and shine.

Overall a fantastic event. Can't wait for next year's.

Anyone with pics??? Load em up. Cheers, Brent

Darryl

Album here https://picasaweb.google.com/114857517066006883898/FOIM2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

A bit of a selection inline.

There is an Alfetta around this lot somewhere...

A less crowded but very very clean engine bay

Very nice old Lancia

A few Italian lines and curves

Check out the sticker in rear window of the Fiat that was 2nd overall in racing.
Was very fast and well driven most of the time (has boost but also has leaf springs...)
Almost missed the turn on this lap (they changed the layout between races - caught a few people out in other categories as well).

Told you it was a fast Fiat... regained a few places past some slower Italian machinery

Some close Alfa racing as well

As Brent said a lot of entrants - here is some of the field in racing

and regularity

MD

Great photos Darryl. Had a squizz at the ones in the link too.

That Alfetta is just on another planet !! Top credit to Fabian. What a gentleman too !
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Darryl,

Any chance you could throw a few of these superb pics up on the AROCA Qld web gallery?

Cheers,

Brent