Driver Education and Circuit Training August 4 at Winton

Started by Neil Choi, June 05, 2012, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Advance notice for all members, new or experienced, lady drivers, junior drivers, novice drivers, learner drivers and all.

We will be scheduling Driver Training and Education for those interested, it will be an educational program packed full with defensive, advanced and wet driving techniques.  Techniques you need to drive safely on the road but can't practice openly.

So this is a great opportunity for all members to get involved and become better drivers.  

Places are definitely limited so keep this date free.  I will have documents available really soon.

In the mean time, if interested, you can get in touch with me and register your interest.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Due to a purpose and scheduling change, we will not be running our usual Circuit Training program on the day on the short circuit.

However those drivers wanting some instructional sessions to improve their skills, we can schedule an instructional group (pending numbers) on Sunday 5 August during our normal Sprint event. 

Please contact me if you are wishing to participate.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Entry form and supp regs for the Driver Education and Training will be available on July 1.

Neil

Neil Choi

Please find attached the supp regs and entry form to the Driver Training program.

We are deciding on the possibility of the circuit training program.

You will notice the striking out of text in the sr and ef, which I will update once we have made decision and arrangements.

Get in touch with me if interested in circuit training.  But as members with young drivers, the DT is really beneficial.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Following a meeting.

Both the circuit training program and driver education training are both going ahead as per our previous usual training day in March.

Please find attached the entry form for both programs.  If you are wanting some tips and training on how to go smooth and fast around a circuit then this is for you.

If you are a new driver, or your son/daughter is a beginning driver or a person wanting some training and practice in threshold braking and car control then the driver education program is for you.

Contact me for more details.

Enter and see how much you can learn.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Can't stress the importance of these two events for all our Alfa owners and racers.

Still taking entries and the event is going to be fantastic.

Always something to learn and practice, and most of all, heaps of track time and a great weekend.

Youngest entrants so far are two 12-13 year olds, both showing great potential as young Alfa enthusiasts and drivers.  I can see their attitude towards Alfa's and driving change and improved from their last driver training in March.  So if these two young drivers are eager and interested, you should be too.

Neil Choi

A good number of entrants so far, but still taking entries to both Race Craft and Driver Education.

To make organization easier, please don't delay your entry anymore as I need a few days to sort everyone into appropriate groups.

Neil Choi

Following the conclusion of the training program, there will be an untimed private practice session from 4-5pm.  The cost will be $40, places are limited, you must book and car must be scrutineered in the usual manner.

Neil Choi

26 Circuit training entrants, youngest 14 yo
12 Driver Education entrants, youngest 12 and 13 yo
Many thanks to the officials.
CT Officials:
Alan Hopla, Stuart Thomson, Gavin Daniels, Bruno Colautti, Claude Botti, Daniel Botti and Michael Botti.

Driver Ed trainers:
Ross Flood, Anthony Sharp, Colin Thomas, Mary Lee, Barry Edmunds running DE.

Thanks to Mary Colautti for the catering.

13 Instructors in all to assist the entrants.

Including 9 Life members in attendance as officials.
Vin Sharp, Bruno Colautti, Mary Colautti, Hugh Harrison, Neil Choi, Stuart Thomson, Anthony Sharp, Victor Lee, Ross Flood

Great track conditions greeted all.

Talks by Sam Gumina and Robert Downes of MX5 club.
Technical lecture by Colin Byrne.
Many achievements by all including biggest one by Tim Shannon for making the biggest smoke cloud ever, with Nick Shannon urging Tim to go faster and faster, and Hugh Harrison in my car yelling and pleading "PLEASE stop the car NOW", also the Shannon's Alfetta GTV for creating the biggest geyser from the radiator when cranked which squirted 20 feet into the air and rained onto Stuart standing nearby.

From all reports both programs were a success. 

Regards
Neil