FS: Alfa 75 Twin Spark Engine Parts on eBay

Started by njh1964, April 06, 2012, 10:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njh1964

Selling a few Alfa 75 Twin Spark engine parts (air flow meter, CPU, fuel rail & injectors, throttle body, etc) on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/njh1964/m.html?item=260996621645&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Regards,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Storm_X

I noticed that plenum the other day? It sure is sOmething. Do you have more photos ?
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

njh1964

Hi Storm_X,

I had the stainless steel plenum (see eBay link below) made up so that you can use the Alfa 75 clamped rubber connectors to connect the plenum runners to the Alfa 75 Twin Spark intake manifold. You can then bolt the Alfa 75 Twin Spark Dellorto throttle body to the plenum.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Custom-Stainless-Steel-Intake-Plenum-Chamber-/260996613885?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc49c46fd

The rationale behind this was to replace the stock Alfa 75 plenum so that I could fit everything into my GT1300 Junior (stepnose) engine bay without having to modify/widen the engine bay at the driver's side wheel arch. However, I still had to accommodate the monstrous Alfa 75 air flow meter, and get the end of the intake system to a point where I could get cold air into it. As can be seen from the below photo, the pod filter would have been sucking in hot air from around the headers.

At the end of the day, I gave up on retaining the stock Motronic EFI system, and I've converted to twin 40 DCOE Webers... which I like from a period look-and-feel point of view in any case.

I was thinking that the stainless steel plenum would be great if you wanted to turbo charge an Alfa Romeo Nord type engine, perhaps with an aftermarket EFI system... but that's a bit beyond my capabilities and ambitions... so it's up for sale.
Regards,

Nick
Now:
Previously:

njh1964

Of course, getting the Motronic system to fit would have been easier if I hadn't decided to fit the hanging brake and clutch pedal assembly from an Alfetta (mainly for the dual circuit brake master cylinder and single booster) and the air con compressor you can see bolted to the passenger side front of the Twin Spark engine (mainly so I don't fry on hot Melbourne summer days).

I did also try to find a smaller/more compact alternative to the stock Alfa 75 air flow meter (eg a more modern MAS or MAF device), but getting those to work with the Motronic ECU was just too complicated.
Now:
Previously:

njh1964

That was quick... just sold the custom intake plenum on eBay.
Now:
Previously:

Storm_X

Ive got a bosch spyder intake manifold (not the plenum) and ive been looking for a plenum to suit turbo. Yours didnt appeal to me so much but i bought one off another car witch has to modified.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"