Service due warning

Started by colcol, February 07, 2012, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

I have my service due warning light on, in the central display centre, when it goes through its pre start check, i have tried scrolling down the menu on the info centre to 'service' and pressing - and + at the same time for 10 seconds and for up to 2 minutes, and pressing - and + on 'service' while turning the lights on, i have made this 'service due' warning go away 2 times before, but this time..... any ideas, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

John Hanslow

Colin, would there be some assumption here that if you get the car serviced, the system is reset and the problem is rectified !!! ::)

However, I am sure that there has been a post detailing how to reset the system previously.

Actually it would be good to take a note of the outcome here.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

wankski

are you doing this with the key in "MAR" position?

and with the infocentre in the service menu?

otherwise will need examiner to reset

colcol

Hi Joseph, key is in ignition, switched onto 'MAR', ignition on, centre display showing service, pressing - and + at same time, maybe backyarders like me can only set it a couple of times, then it has to be done by a professional, as i have done it before, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Ok, fixed the problem, not quite sure how, was fiddling with the info centre at the lights, got into menu, scrolled down to service, instead of pressing  - and + at the same time, pressed 'INFO', then got something about reset for 20,000 kls for service or something, pressed 'INFO', and the service light on start up, has gone away, but not quite sure how i did it, as i wasn't paying too much attention, just dumb luck i suppose, Colin.

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal