Changing alfa badges on brera

Started by Rosario, January 28, 2012, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosario

Hi guys! Today I put a deposit on an 06 2.2 Brera..... Wrapped! Hopefully pick up on Tuesday. Am going to take it to Maranello's for a pre purchase inspection.... Thanks Phil. I noticed the badges are somewhat faded. Are they easy to change? eBay ones ok? I wonder what they cost from an alfa dealer?

colcol

Congrats on your purchase Rosario, you mean the Alfa Romeo cross and serpeant badges?, the changing of the badges ranges from easy to crazy, you see some are just pushed on with finger pressure, and thats easy, some have clips behind them, which is a bit more difficult, some are held on with double sided tape, more difficult, and some are glued on which are an absolute pain to remove, and another thing that i have found, for the different models the pin centres are different, so you may need to remove the badge before purchasing another one to make sure you have the correct one, the ebay badges that i have purchased have been ok, as the ones i have purchased through wreckers and non genuine places, you would be good to pick the difference, as for genuine ones through the dealers... i am too scared to ask, enjoy your car, hope to see you around, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Rosario

Thanks Colin.... I shall have a go at removing one at some stage and see how I go. Hopefully it's not too complicated! Cheers!

ANG156

From what I have heard the front badges on the 159/brera come together with the chrome surround. The rear maybe a bit expensive because it had the boot release incorporated into it.

Try ebay uk and look for a seller named alternative autos. He is good, I and many others have bought from him without hassle. When your at it ask for a parts price list for your model. It wil have ask the commonly available parts with prices for genuine and non genuine items.

Let us know how go with it and congrats on the purchase. Breras are hot especially with the newer style 19inch wheels

Rosario

Thanks Ang.... Shall take a look.... Yep..... Love the look of the Brera! This is my first Alfa.... Had Audis mostly so while a lot of people have warned me about Alfa, I have taken the plunge anyway. You only live once and the Brera is different. Fingers crossed!

mczero

Definitely go to a UK supplier. There are lots of good ones. I paid about $50 each for mine. Local dealers wanted $176 each.
2007 Brera Spider 3.2 JTS Q4
1979 Fiat CS2 Spider
Alfa 33
1975 Fiat CC 124 Coupe
Fiat 900T
1975 Fiat CC 124 Coupe

Meng

http://www.alfastumper.com/product_info.php?cPath=270_47_86&products_id=2489

You're looking for this.  My 159 badge was fading too, so I bought the original replacement part from Alfastumper.  Great bunch of guys to deal with too.

Shipping is pretty cheap from these guys so if you're getting the badges, pick up a few other items you may think of replacing/changing in the future.

Hope that helps.

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6