Who do you know who wants this stuff? [Now all gone!]

Started by McAnnik, January 17, 2012, 08:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

I have cluttering my garage five, yes! [5] Hillman Imp transmissions. What the hell are they you say? Very good little 4 speeders out of a short lived rear engined Mini challenger of the 60's. I kept them coz they were,back in the 60's, useful for us of a special building bent, to utilize such stuff  in mid engined lightweight hillclimbers and racecars for other assorted motorsport activities,[none of which was ever sanctioned by CAMS, BTW!] As my special building days are dwindling,[but the places to race them are not!] I now wish to dispose of the afore mentioned g/boxes to anyone who may have a use for or knows someone who does.They are free to take at any convenient time,but if nobody has interest then to the scrappy they will go!  Sorry they are not Alfa parts,the title of this category says Anything!, Buy, sell, swap. As i have not complied with the rules totally by offering this stuff for free, I will ask a token price of 1 stubby of VB per g/box,...Over to you.....Cheers.......Ian

prova

Hi there PM sent in regards to the gearboxes/transmissions, Ren.

McAnnik

Gentlemen! you may well have asked yourself, who really would want this stuff, well, thanks to the eclectic type of diversified membership who scan this Forum daily,I am pleased to inform all that, yes indeed! there are persons on the planet whom are looking for such adverse, sometimes useful,mechanical devices to serve an unknown future purpose.If you had envious eyes upon these very rare gearbox/transmissions,I'm afraid you are too late! They went to their new home today.Now, that you are toying with the idea of building a mid engined Whatsit!you will have to use a VW transmission instead.BUT! I do have a Porsche 356 transmission available!! And, how about a couple of Corvair three speeders!And!! again, a couple of Corvair engines to match.Although I prefer to keep those engines for conversion to ultralight aircraft use. Thanks for your interest in this off the wall post.  Cheers..........Ian

prova

Can I just add that Ian is a fantastic character - one of the best things about forums such as this is that you get to meet enthusiasts like him!

Ian really nice to have a chat with you and look over your diverse range of cars/projects. Hope to find some creative uses for these boxes!