Favourite christmas albums

Started by bix, December 24, 2011, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bix

Any Takers on their favourite Chrissy albums?

Christmas with the Rat Pack
Boney James - Boney's Funkey Christmas
Elvis Presley - The ultimate Christmas Collection
Bing Crosby - White Christmas
Beach Boys - Christmas with the BEach Boys

Or perhaps something more modern:
Michael Buble - Christmas (Special Edition)

For the Italians or Italian at heart:
Eros Ramazotti - Christmas box set

One for the kids:
The Muppets Christmas Carol

What are other favourites?

dehne

mine is anything that does not have christmas music, ive been listening (Forced to listen) to it since november and im sooooooo over it and what makes matters worse is they start playing the same movies on tv as well if i hear someone say Mr Darcy again i think im going to flip out.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

colcol

1 Merry Christmas, i don't wanna fight - The Ramones,
2 Here it is Merry Christmas - Slade,
3 I Want a rockin Christmas - Ol 55,
4 Santa Clause is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band,
5 Tojo - Hudu Gurus,
6 Santa Clause is coming to town - Keith Richards and the expensive Winos,
7 Fairy Tale in New York - The Pogues and Kirsty Mc Coll with Shane Mc Gowen,
8 Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses,
9 Blue Christmas - Elvis Prestley and ???? Mc Bride,
10 There is no ten, and these are not albums and they are not in order as my favourites, i just wrote them down as they popped in my head, every thing you hear at shopping centres, supermarkets, television, Sidney Myer music bowl, carols from the domain is all rubbish and the people who are responsible should be put to sleep, the only exception is SBS's Rockwiz which do a great job of a christmas special, Colin.

1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Paul Gulliver

If you  record player is broken ??? ??? ???. Or the kids have been using your favourite CD as a drink coaster and it doesn't work either. Make sure to tune into the Rock Quiz Christmas special tonight on SBS. Juila & Brian take over where "The Panel" left off
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

bix

Colcol, you've dragged out some gems there mate!
I haven't listened to Christmas songs for a couple of decades but since having kids, those dusty records are all coming out. The Aldi USB record player is coming in handy!

bix

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on December 24, 2011, 03:50:26 PM
Make sure to tune into the Rock Quiz Christmas special tonight on SBS. Juila & Brian take over where "The Panel" left off

If this is the recording from the one at the Palais Theatre in St Kilda the other night, which I luckily managed to get to, watch out for Lanie Lane who sings a Tom Waits song "Postcard from a hooker". Star of the show IMO.

Joey

Paul Gulliver

Quotewatch out for Lanie Lane who sings a Tom Waits song "Postcard from a hooker". Star of the show IMO.

Right on the money Bix. Looks like you get the choclates this year.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

colcol

For 2012 i am going to refuse to shop anywhere unless they are playing Ian Kilmister and Motorhead, Run Rudolph run, Motorhead you gotta luv em, they played at a outdoor rock concert and they got complaints about excessive noise from 6 MILES! away, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bix

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on December 25, 2011, 09:23:10 AM

Right on the money Bix. Looks like you get the choclates this year.

Glad you enjoyed it Paul. Santa brought me the new Tom Waits and Lanie Lane albums for my troubles  :)

AndrewM

No-one has mentioned "A Christmas Gift for You", otherwise known as Phil Spector's Christmas Album, from 1963. Features the Crystals doing the version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" which Springsteen (a big Spector fan) revived for his live version of the song (as mentioned by Colcol). Also love "Run Rudolph Run", originally by Chuck Berry, but covered really well by Jo Jo Zep in late 70s. Must find the Motorhead version. Should be a killer.
AndrewM -156 JTS 2.0 Wagon (first Alfa, still feeling a bit nervous)