Final sprint for 2011 season

Started by hammer, November 18, 2011, 06:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hey track nuts,

The final sprint of the 2011 Alfa Comp takes place at Qld Raceway (Champions Way, Willowbank for those wanting to come for a look), on Saturday, December 3. This is an afternoon sprint, the cost is $145 and it's your last opportunity to have a track session with your club mates and/or try to pick up a last minute haul of points for the Alfa Comp.

Here's a link to the online entry form: https://secure.nsane.net.au/qr/entry_form_street_sprint.php

This will also be the first time the Alfas have had a crack at the new QR track surface. That's right, all new bitumen, no bumps and hopefully plenty of grip. Let's see if we can knock off some of those long-standing PBs!!

Any first timers wanting further info, feel free to call me or competition secretary Ken Percival. Our mobile numbers are on the committee menu of the AROCA Qld website.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

The Cab is doing a taxi service at Lakeside all day on the 1st of December and so if all the bits stay together and no nut parts wind up on the fence, I will try to be at QR Saturday. :D

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Best of luck with the Thursday run at LP. Hope to see you at QR on the Saturday. Probably be a hot day, but they're only short runs.

Cheers,

Brent

bowds116

I'm already booked in (gotta keep dougie honest!)
current : 1980 Alfetta GTV 116 (w/TS running gear)
              2001 156 TS manual
             1998 GTV V6

hammer

If enough racers show up for this last sprint I might be a slim outside chance of rolling the Black Douglas for 3rd place in Alfa Comp. It's a thin chance but a piece of silverware is calling me! If not, it will still be a hoot.

bowds116

major bummer! postponed to January 15 2012!!! :'(
current : 1980 Alfetta GTV 116 (w/TS running gear)
              2001 156 TS manual
             1998 GTV V6

hammer

Very disappointing indeed. New track surface is still too soft.

First Alfa Comp sprint of 2012 will be at QR on Sunday, Feb 12. I've asked for my entry to this weekend's cancelled sprint to be held over to Feb 12.

Will have to take tackle some winding country roads in the meantime.

MD

Well there is ONE saving grace,means I don't have to drive around with a morphine drip in my arm having just pissed out some kidney stones. :D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

L4OMEO

2002 156 GTA

Evan Bottcher

That was an informative post as always MD  ::)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

Well Evan I wish  I could call on talents like being tall dark and handsome but my mum was as the end of the que and so she got short, anaemic and frail. Naturally a bloke has to work with what he's got which is only lose change and a hole in one pocket but I always forget which pocket to put the change in ever since I developed the C.R.A.F.T. syndrome :D

Just to round off the Lakeside thing,we did spend half a day or so there yesterday and gave the Cab a flogging for about 45 laps at the GEAR meeting which was having an end of year break up lunch at 1PM  (hence the shorter event). Got totally arsey cause the heavens opened up not long after we left but we ran it on a dry track with a relatively cool day. Nice to go home with all the bits intact for a change. Had a ball.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0