Exhaust Ideas

Started by Sportscar Nut, October 10, 2011, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

Hi all

Want to fit a new exhaust system to the Sud but have a problem with the 1.7 engine and in-board brakes as cannot fit 33 systems. Currently have custom 2 inch (crap) headers and system but want to replace (for many reasons). Aim to keep centre & rear exhausts.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks
Paul

colcol

Hi POC, Have you tried Sudsonline in England, if i remember rightly my mate up the road Walter ordered one with the big bore 1.7 33 size pipes that are made to clear the Sud brakes, did not sound too expensive, but the freight was the killer, i think the guy at Sudsonline is Peter Webb, very helpfull bloke who works part time on it only, hope this helps, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sportscar Nut

Cheers and thanks Colin. Think Sudsonline is now trading as Alfasud parts UK as Peter Webb runs this site as well (??). Will send him an email and see what comes up and might try AH Motorsports as well. Understand that postage will hurt!

Regards
Paul

colcol

I remember taking my brothers Alfasud to the Bennica Dyno day and the 1700cc Sud did the same power as my 1500cc 33, but the 1.7 had heaps more torque, but strangely the 1.5 always seemed more satisfying to drive as you had to rev its head off all the time, like a true Alfa Romeo motor should, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]