WTB: pair of 40mm dellorto or weber carbies

Started by Mike, July 12, 2011, 12:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Just chasing down a pair of 40mm carbies off a 2liter GTV.  If someone has gone to 45's and has the old set sitting around, that would be great.  I'd prefer Weber given the choice.  Can either pay cash or trade parts.  I'd like a matching set, and specifically Alfa carbies from a 2liter...not 1.8L.

PM me.

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Storm_X

i have a bunch off 2.0s and 1.8s from what i thought they are all the same 1.8s and 2.0. PM me if interested
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Mike

Thanks for all the responses guys.  I have not yet been offered a pair of webers, but plenty of dellorto's surfacing...probably no surprise.  I have tentatively purchased one set from a fellow and would like another spare set so if you have a pair, I'm still after one more.

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
85 GTV6 red
'76 Alfetta GT blue
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb

DADSGIULIA

just for the record are webbers better than Dellorto//??????????

Barry Edmunds

Dadsgiulia
Depending on who you ask. Some swear by Webers and others swear by Dellorto.

In years gone by Webers were easier to tune and get rid of flat spots, but that was in a time when Webers were more widely used and a few experts actually knew what they were doing.

Barry

DADSGIULIA

thanks edmund i heard that delorto were better for high rpm where the webbers better for down low

Mike

Delloro's are more complex in their fueling approach and therefore more tunable...but you can't easily get dellorto spares from what I understand...and so become a pain to tune.  You can 'supposedly' get parts for Webers, but anyone who has tried will tell you the delivery of said parts can be a lucky dip...

Probably a whole new topic of discussion in itself with far more knowledgable people than myself on the topic.  Guys I have what I need Delloro wise now, so only looking for a pair of Webers now.

Thanks for the help.
cars / projects:
85 GTV6 red
'76 Alfetta GT blue
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb

AikenDrum105

Re the parts -  this guy: http://stores.ebay.com.au/ALFA1750S-CARBURETORS-PARTS-STORE  seems to have a good reputation on the Alfa intarwebs for Dellorto / Weber bits and pieces.  I have seen the replacement steel mixture screws available for the dellortos,  to replace the soft brass ones which round off so easily...
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Mike

cars / projects:
85 GTV6 red
'76 Alfetta GT blue
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb

DADSGIULIA

there is a guy in high st thornbury THornbury carburatory he is reall good with webbers or anything on Italian cars fuel system