Italian Automotive Spares

Started by MitoGirl, April 07, 2013, 08:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitoGirl

Hi,

Was searching online for places other than the dealer to buy parts for my MiTo. I came across this place called Italian Automotive Spares in Brunswick, which isn't too far from me.

I just wanted to ask if anyone from here has dealt with them before and if they have parts such as brakes and clutch for an Alfa Romeo MiTo??

Thanks
Sandra

david sammartino

Abit off topic, but the mito is quite a new car, cant believe youd need a clutch already. What happened?

MitoGirl

Hello David,

The clutch is still ok from what my mechanic has said, just I haven't always driven manual. My husband and younger brother have always had a running joke that I can't drive manual properly, so I just thought i'd ask if Italian Automotive Spares did clutches, more as a precaution than anything else.

It took me a little bit to get used to the MiTo, it was the first new car I bought. So with the running joke I thought i'd ask what parts they carry. I might just give them a call and find out.

Thank you
Sandra

colcol

Italian Automotive Spares in Brunswick had a display at the Alfa Clubs day at Spectacolo, they are Alfa Club members, i am reminded of them everyday at work as they gave me a calender, [ thanks guys ].
Mito Girl, if you are concerned about your ability to drive a manual properly, come along to the Alfa Club driver training days at the start of the year and  middle of the year, and get a few hints on the correct use of a clutch, and its good to see your not driving an Automatic, as that is only if you drive a Camry.
I used to think that the MiTo was a style statement, a bit of a girly car, not a true Alfa, until i had one for 4 days last year [thanks Damon from Lance Dixon], and i thought it was a total little ripper of a car, all the drivers who drove it liked it as well, its got Fiat 500 DNA in it, so how could it not be a good car?
MiTo Girl, the Alfa Club are having a Workshop night for the new model Alfa Romeo's, which includes MiTo, so if you feel like coming along put your name down for a booking and ask a question about premature clutch failures on MiTo's, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AR753.0ltr

I saw the display at Spectacolo as well.  They had such a big range of products on display.

I needed a cam belt and clutch for my car, so i gave them a call. They had it all in stock and at a reasonable price.

I highly recommend them as they have a lot of products and a big range in stock.

Cheers

John Hanslow

MiTo Girl,

If you want an opion of a mechanic (not sure who you did go to) but in Brunswick, the Club has a well know sponsor Maranello Pursang Motors and they really know their stuff. 

If you need advice, give them a call. 9386-9650.

They really look after club members.  In any event come along to our annual display in November "Spettacolo" as it's always good to have new cars there on the day.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata