selespeed prob slips into neutral

Started by dehne, February 01, 2011, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

i know this has been answered before but i cannot find the topic, so im driving along and the all of a sudden car goes into neutral and turns off city mode. so what i need is for someone who has experienced the same prob or knows how to fix it to pass on the info so i can fix the old girl
thanks in advance
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

wankski

there can be a couple of reasons for this... just b/c the fix for one person is something, doesn't make it always the fix for everyone...

we need more info for this one, go ahead an download the free version of fes and get a cable if you don't have one... it will narrow down the issues for you..

did you get a light on the dash before this? if you restart the car does it go into 1?

is the pump running longer on prime now?

need more info.

dehne

this is what happens
driving along in city mode, then all of a sudden the car revs like a bitch i think what the f going on look at dash and im in neutral(there are NO lights displayed on dash) city mode has turned off. so i then push it up for a higher gear changes into 5th(example) keep driving happy as larry then it may happen again, so now i have decided ill only drive in manual mode and it has not happened at all/yet i have book it in on thurs to check it out on the diag at kings in the rat hopefully it shows a code if there is something wrong, have also been talking to some mechs in syd and maybe just need an adjustment with something he thinks from what i describe it should be a diy repair here is hoping, will let you know what the results are
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

wankski

it works completely fine in manual mode?

yeah, that's a weird one... it may just be really badly out of EOL calibration.... esp if you don't do it yearly...

do report back...

dehne

what is EOL calibration never done that in the 5 yrs ive had it
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

wankski

the system basically has to calibrate itself where everything is... EOL stands for 'end of line'.... the proceedure is to adjust the clutch arm to the correct value (thru an adjustment nut, under battery) and then run the calibration routine...

if you have FES or alfadiag u can do it yourself.... really any alfa owner, particularly of a sele should have their own diag.

its not much, fes is like 50 euro.