Cheap-ish camcorder for race cam

Started by Neil Choi, January 30, 2011, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hello all

Just picked up an AIPTEK AHD T7 Pro from Target with a 4G SD card, it was on special, $119, not sure if this is cheap but okay!!!!

Given the dramas I had with other cheap-ish camcorders which turned out to be dogs (well, a bit of an insult to my beagles), I was a bit skeptical.

However, it seems to work good, minimum features which isn't a problem for race cam.

On special until this Wed (no raincheck), there were 2 left in my local store.

I was going to or might put a sample of vision on youtube.  But too lazy and going to take my afternoon nap now.

Neil

dehne

you should have tried one of the cams that i had neil at $35 they were small light and took good footage
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Neil Choi

Yes, I know, your's were much much more betterer.  It is only money and no ebay crap dealings.

Neil

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Two at the moment, had four previously.

Did you know, unfortunately, that beagles are used as drug testing animals prior to using primates then humans.

Neil

Neil Choi

Another, more dopey

JOHN G

According to contemporary reports, dog meat is consumed in a variety of countries such as China, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Korea.

Sick bastards ;)

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

NigelC

mmmm ... beagle.

Seriously though, I love dogs.  Sauted with a side of coleslaw ... yum!

Did have Cocker Spaniels when I was married but ex-wifeypoo kept them  :'(

Nice piccies Neil.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

Neil Choi

Interesting comment.  Different cultures have different customs, food source and treatment of them.

Then look at Australia, we eat our emblem, the kangaroo and the emu, wonder how those Asian countries talk about Australia's culture and food.

Cows are sacred in India and we love our T-bones and porterhouse.

But interesting, isn't it.

There was a cooking show recently of Vietnam and they presented the host with a dish of dog, and you can see the head, not very pleasant, I switched off and went and surfed the club website.

And, yes, I am a dog lover.

Neil

Neil Choi

Beagles are used in the medicinal drug discovery world extensively, unfortunately as expressed before, because their physiological make up is very well established and researched, more so than any other breeds.  They give consistent pharmacological results to drug metabolism in the mammalian system. 

Neil

Evan Bottcher

Nice photos Neil.  They look just like you.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

No, really and not kidding, even before your comment, I had always thought they looked like you, those big bright dopey eyes.

Sheldon McIntosh

I had a friend who had beagles.  They certainly belied that dopey look by being incredibly vicious bastards.

Cool Jesus

Hi Fellas, speaking of cheap camcorders check out this web based store - http://www.chinavasion.com/action-camera/

I'v had many purhcases from them and highly recommend them. Only word of caution is you get what you pay for... got a car stereo that was a bit plastickie but it worked great, touch screen, adjusting panel and all (10 times cheaper then brand name and with more features), certainly worth the money.

I've bought car alarms, reversing sensors, reversing cameras, car stereo dvd players and other electronics. I've actually seen some products in our chain shopping centres. Delivery is only three days and customer support is excellent. I had an issue with an installer here in Oz telling me the headunit I supplied didn't work( a DVD car player), they replied immediately with their on-line support window and offered without question to exchange. I went and saw the installer and noticed he'd attached the wiring incorrectly. Told him to shove his expertise and bill somewhere uncomfortable and finished the job myself. Teach me to be lazy and get some one else to do it, the unit worked fine.

The only issue is the courier cost, although not exhorbitant it can make the item a little pricey. Its better to bulk buy or buy an assortment in one shipment, hence a club could organise a group purchase or a bunch of mates can get together to save on postage.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS