Alfetta GTV Lexan Window Source or Templates

Started by Rob Berson, January 23, 2011, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Berson

Can anyone put me onto a plastics supplier that has the templates to cut me Lexan windows for my Alfetta GTV. Alternatively, does anyone have a set of templates that I can borrow. I dont want to pull my glass out until I have the Lexan ready to go in.

Thanks

Rob

John A Pucak

Hi Rob , use your existing windows as templates. Thats all I did and I got mine to wind up and down.

John

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

Rob,

There is a supplier in Melbourne who has done several Alfetta's down here using my old glass as a template (which I left with him).  If you are interested, you could get him to do it and I will pick it up and bring it to PI for you (if you arent coming to PI, I'm sure one of the VRA boys will throw it into their car for the trip back).  I can't remember how much it was, but I can find out for you.  I suspect it was cheaper than the link above, especially with freight.

The only thing you have to double check is the sort of rear screen you have, the glue in or the type with rubber surround.  The rubber surround is the go.

I'll do this for a case of beer.....wait.....you gave me a case at PI last year so you didnt have to take it back to Sydney.....I'll do it for nothing  ;D ;D ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Rob Berson

Thanks Phil

Do you have their contact details for me so that I can try and organise it - my rear screen has a rubber seal.

See you at P.I

Rob

alfagtv58

Plastics for Industy
03 9706 3077

Ask for Ojars (pronounced Oi-ars), he's the owner and a racer and always up for a chat (the other guys see the car windows as a distraction to their normal business!)

Just let me know if you go ahead and I will pick 'em up for you.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

hmd

Rob,

Please ring Ojars back, your phone numbers that they have is not 'connected'.

NigelC

I've got my existing glass that I used as templates and got the Lexan cut in Canberra.  PM me if you want details, cost etc. Fitting of the rear window is a challenge - mine is glued in and then the window guy stuck a rubber 'vanity' strip around the outside and the whole thing looks great.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust