Sud Trofeo Replica bodykits

Started by Evan Bottcher, December 04, 2010, 08:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks,

A chap in Adelaide is trying to get a group buy together to save some $$ shipping sets of fibreglass spoiler/arch kits for Trofeo Sud race cars.  The manufacturer in Portugal also makes kits of Trofeo Sprints.

Ben has a thread running at http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/boxer-engined-alfa-romeos/173372-alfasud-other-trofeo-kits.html

I'm still waiting for confirmed pricing, but I'm keen.  Anybody want to join in and save me some shipping costs?

QuoteGreetings BBer's,

It looks like production of Alfasud Trofeo body kits has now resumed in Europe, and I'm now able to offer the kits to Australian enthusiasts. We need 5 orders to make the freight cost worthwhile with myself and 1 other, we just need 3 or more to bring in the first batch.

I do not have access to confirmed pricing yet, but ball park is around $1000Aus + freight + duties for the sud Trofeo kit ($1500 is probably a safe bet).

They also have the following kits:
- Trofeo Alfasud Sprint (large kit, even has replacement fibre front wings!)
- Sprint 6C style(!) front and rear bumpers
- 75 Veloce kit
- Large spoiler option for the Alfasud Trofeo kit (only fits Series 1 and 2)

I'll post pics and prices as soon as I have them, but a show of hands for confirmed orders would be great.

The kits will be delivered to my workshop in Adelaide - local folk can collect in person but interstate buyers will also have to pay for the interstate freight. Turn around time will be 3-6 months and I will require payment in full up front. By doing a group buy, we stand to save about $300-$500 each on the freight.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

aussiehcviva

interested. i saw the price looked to be around the $900 mark. cant remember if it was $ or euros though

Evan Bottcher

PM sent.  If anyone else is interested, I'll hook you up with the chap organising the import.

The Sprint kit looks amazing, although I think more expensive than the Sud kit.  Here's some photos from another forum:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/3782503-post7.html

Attached are some more photos of the different kits.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

aussiehcviva

Evan,

thanks for the PM. I have emailed him.

the widebody kit for the sprint in the pics you posted doesn't seem to match the pics shown in the link. different front spoiler set ups. I'll clarify which is on offer. still looks to be a good opportunity though as I have been unable to find anything locally.

Evan Bottcher

There are two kits that I think the manufacturer in Portugal can make for a sprint.  One for the 1981 Sprint Trofeo and one for the 1983 with the wide-body look.

Here's a link that shows these, but not great photos:
http://www.trsport.pt/prt/4003/index.html
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

aussiehcviva

looks like it's just me.

I have not had a message back from him as yet

Evan Bottcher

Hi aussiehcviva - PM sent tonight.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

116gtv

Has anyone bought a kit in yet? Any idea on actual cost?

Southern75

I'm interested .. what are the $$$$$
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Evan Bottcher

Long story, but here's the short version.  I paid a chap in Portugal a wedge of cash in January 2011 to deliver a set of Sud Trofeo replica arches and front spoiler.  These have never arrived - the chap is quite poor at communication, I eventually have found that supposedly a shipment was returned from customs after being broken by the carrier and the documentation lost.  Eventually he made a further set of replicas and had them shipped to me although they have not arrived yet, and I'm getting little response to my emails at this stage.

Although it's dubious, I also have spoken to a couple of people including one chap in the UK who did receive a full Sprint bodykit during the last year.  The chap I'm dealing with now says once this is resolved he'll never ship outside Europe again as it's put him out of pocket.

I still hope to receive my parts, and keep chasing him from time to time.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

116gtv

What a shame, Evan. Maybe it will turn up.. Fingers crossed.