159 JTS Q4 - USB port location & other Blue & me questions

Started by lmarr, November 19, 2010, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmarr

I've just picked up a 2006 159 JTS Q4 - what a car! Only 15,000km on the clock and its been well looked after so fingers crossed it doesn't develop any problems.

I've been busy setting up the Blue & Me stuff, there's a couple of things that don't work so was wondering if people had any answers to my questions.

1. I've had a hunt around and can't find the USB port anywhere! I suspect it may be under a panel in the glovebox (I need to remove it with an allen key to check), but I would have thought it was somewhere more obvious? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. I've paired up my blackberry 9000 with the bluetooth, but when I sync up the contact list it only transfers across numbers, not names which is pretty annoying. I've googled this and found some potential solutions (which I'll try tonight) but does anyone have any other experience with this problem?

3. What benefit is there to upgrading to the latest version (5.5)? From what I can find it just supports a wider list of mobile phones, but is there any better support for iPods or AAC format files?

4. I'm assuming I need to buy the separate iPod connector from the dealer as well?

Aside from these minor things- what a car!

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi Imarr,

Hope this helps.
1.   The USB port should be in the glove box (on the right hand side) just above the small rectangular tray.  It has a rubber blanking plug covering it.
Check out the attached photo (from a LHD car).

2.   No advice for you unfortunately.  My Blackberry 9700 synchs names and numbers.
3.   Yes.  Its required for iPod connectivity along with.....
4.   The separate iPod connector.  Try eBay.  $90 - $120 from the UK
Cheers,
Marco
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

lmarr

Thanks marco -

Still no luck with the USB - it looks like my car doesn't have it installed  :( This seems pretty strange as the car specs say it came with it, but its not in the glovebox.

I'll have a chat with the dealer and see if they can update my blue&me software.

shiny_car

USB is standard with B&M AFAIK, so that does seem odd.

A firmware upgrade will hopefully address your phone issues. Of course, can't do it yourself with a USB port!  ???

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey