Club Events for 2011 - suggestions needed

Started by John Hanslow, November 17, 2010, 07:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

In working with the Register Captains and Regional Coordinators, I will present a few ideas, suggested activities and tours to the Club Committee so we can balance out the next 6 months with competition and social.  3 years ago it was an alternate social and register activity but due to a very active core of club memberrs across the board, that has gone 'out the window'.

Some things need a bit of planning so getting it right from the start has a big impact in the success of the activity and professionalism of the club.

• Suggested Activities so far:
    Wed 26 Jan - Federation Display for classic and historic vehicles.  Need to confirm numbers as that is a definite  We could put on a big show here if desired and even have a tent put up for admin and hospitality.
    Last Sunday of Jan - normally an EMR  suggested one is along the Peninsula to Loch for lunch.
    Wednesday mid Feb:  Tech night at Fox Classic car Museum.

Nothing for March yet but a tech night for say 105 or 932 Series would be nice.

April is an interesting one.
    Sun 3rd April is Macedon Ranges Tour for that weekend and that is a ripper of an event.  Something for everyone.  The Club has been invited to participate in the Historic 100 Year Alfa Centenary (making up for last year).
    Sun 17 April - Auto Italia in Canberra will be on again - a small but influential contingent from the Club will be going up there again.
    Late April -Alfesta over Easter in SA will be of course a highlight of the year.

Regional Activities:
    Alpine Chapter - another weekend tour is planned this time for Autumn.
    Goldfields Chapter - a weekend tour across to the Grampians area.
Some of these tours could be late April, May but not sure about June.  If nothing on an EMR to a winery would be good.

Not forgetiing a "New Model Night" at one of the dealers.

So we have to balance out our weekends, tours etc so everyone has a go.  Indeed I would like to have a few register workshops planned towards the winter months  and take advantage of better weather in summer and autumn for the club tours.

Anyone have any further ideas or comments so I can organise the  submission to the committee and get details up on the Web page and calendar.

Most importantly our decisions have to be in line with member requiremnent, regional and indeed register development and available time.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

rocklogic

Hi john,

thanks for organising the specttacolo, which was amazing.

Would love to join in more if the activities are more 'relevant' I'd suppose; with the car that I own now.

So yes, a 932 series workshop / tech night would be great (seeing as there were quite a fair bit of turnout of these cars at the specttacolo).

I'd personally be interested in driving workshops too, if that'd fit in the club agenda.

Cheers
2010 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS Rosso Red

past: 2000 Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed TS

GregSale

Have we ever thought of or done a DECA day ?
Chance for some members who dont do track days to get some car control skills etc, but also have a little fun on a track
Perhaps we could get a sponsor to chip in to keep the cost down ?
2007 Spider Black

Barry Edmunds

GregSale
Thanks for your input. All and any suggestions welcome.
The Club has run motorkhanas at DECA in the past and will do so in the future if there is sufficient interest/support from the membership.
Previous DECA events have been held as part of a weekend away and included a Saturday Run, Dinner at  Cellar 47 (Shepparton's finest eatery) on Satrday night and the DECA event with a BBQ on the Sunday.
The cost of hiring suitable venues for club events is usually quite high and this must also be taken into consideration, along with participant numbers to justify the expenditure, otherwise it become too much for some club members. The more entries the less cost to participants.
A driver training weekend is scheduled for Winton early in 2011.
There will be a motorkhana in Werribee early in the new year. This was postponed from a few months back because of rain. Entry to this event was subsidised by the Club.
Keep the ideas coming and keep an eye on the Club calendar.
Barry

Martinsifredi

Hi  Barry ,

What a great day we had for the Spettacolo it was truly a show that I will never forget .

I am in the middle of writing articles for Historic Racing Drivers Magazine and also for the GLOBO Italian news paper .  I was told you have some really nice panoramic photos taken at the show , I was hoping that I could use the photos for the articles. Are you able to email me the photos Barry ?

Really appreciate your help with this,

Thank you,

Martin

MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814

ALFAAA

Hi All,
Spettacolo was great (the Best) ,
I have not missed one since the club started doing them,
But what would be even greater is that we had a all Italian car club Spettacolo in Victoria.
This would generate Italian car lovers to display there cars together and enjoy.

What your thoughts. :)
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

John Hanslow

Does anyone want to organise a EMR at the end of January - usually a run from Beach Road Mentone /Mordialloc to the south east - finish at Loch for lunch?

Anyone want to organise an EMR from Melb to Macedon area to meet up with the Great Macedon Ranges Tour -  Alfa Romeo Dsplay on Sunday 3rd April ?

And a Dyno Day in May sometime ?
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

branko.gt

John,

Macedon tour is on Saturday 2 April, Sunday 3 April is a show and shine.
for those with too much time on their hands the tour starts with a dinner on Friday.

John Hanslow

Thank's for that. Point taken Branko.

We will look at offering our members (friends and others) the weekend option.  I know that you and Sheldon went on the tour and had a great time (motoring perspective).  

The weekend will be suitable posted as per usual process.

Some may decide to go on an EMR drive on the Sunday only so that will be advertised also.

Cheers.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

John Hanslow

Looks like we will have a (932 Series) 156 Workshop also including 147's, 166 and (916 Series) GTV and Spiders.  And GT too.

We will push this to be a bit more of a tech night and try and get examples of what to do/ what works with mods etc.

It's not going to be a show and shine but how to get the best out of your car - and have a few notable cars there on the night.

Perhaps start with basiscs:
- Wheel and tyre upgrade - 17inch wheels with good spec tyres
- Suspension updgrades - from Koni shochers to full eibach pro kit.
- The mandatory V6 upgrade - a Q2 dif.
- One for a v6 and spider - Strut brace.

Of course how to protect and maintain your vehicles finish is always a good info.

More details later.

Cheers

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Doug Gould

I'm involved in a thing called FunFlight. It started simply as a bunch of pilots taking a bunch of chronically sick kids and their families for a joyflight, then returning to Tyabb for a BBQ, small airshow & a couple of carnival type rides. Its grown to be a National event now, but Tyab is still the base. It happens in mid November. Would it be an idea to do an EMR finishing at Tyabb with a car display?

Doug 
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

massiveluvbuddy67

I will be involved and am happy to help organise as required.

John Hanslow

Intersting ... ?

Similar has been discussed from time to time. 

Will refer to the Club orgainising committee as there is merit in that.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata